Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bands That Used To Fill Arenas That Kids Today Never Heard Of

Forum Member

Re: Bands That Used To Fill Arenas That Kids Today Never Heard Of

Quote Originally Posted by teleman1
    I saw Journeys debut concert at the Rainbow on the sunset strip. THe drummer was Ansly Dunbar. I know casue he was the main attraction for this unknown band. Rolle & Schon were there and I guess the bass was this vallory guy. Greg Rolle was the vocalist. It was a very good show and Rolle impressed me the most. Yep, they did black magic woman;written by some Jewish fella whose name escapes me, but I understand he is famous!
    Thats not entirely factual. Valory came from Steve Miller`s band, and Schon and Rolle both came from Sanatana. I think ZRolle was the main attraction in the band, and was certainly the founding member,.

CT.:ahem

Re: Bands That Used To Fill Arenas That Kids Today Never Heard Of

Quote Originally Posted by teleman1
    they did black magic woman;written by some Jewish fella whose name escapes me, but I understand he is famous!
    That person just happens to be Peter Green a founding member and lead guitarist of Fleetwood Mac, long before the days of the girls being the main attraction, although Christine McVie did play some piano for them in the studio, she was John's wife after all and they really didn't need to pay her much.

Santana was the opening act for the Mac on a british tour in 68 and absolutely fell in love with the song and asked if he could use it when he went back to America.......Green said sure and the rest as they say is history.........
    Fast doesn't always mean good