Thread: left-hand jazzmaster/jaguar

Forum Member

left-hand jazzmaster/jaguar

have fender ever introduced the left-hand jazzmaster/jaguar?
    I have never seen one in the fender web or in the local dealer (Hong Kong).
    Could anyone please tell me where can i find (buy)one?

Forum Member
    Fender USA does not make a left-handed Jazzmaster or Jaguar. You can get one from Fender Japan though. I purchased one online at http://www.ishibashi-music.com

They do not appear on their online catalog, but you can e-mail them to see what they have in stock. Your choices are:

Jazzmaster JM66-95L (alder body) in Vintage White, burst or Candy Apple Red.

Jaguar JG66-96L (alder body) in Vintage White, Lake Placid Blue, Candy Apple Red or Burst.

I believe the discounted rate in Yen came to 76,800.

Forum Member
    Oh~~ What a man, Brendan. Thank you very much!!
    you've got a jazzmaster or jaguar?? Actually what are the difference bewteen them ??
    and from the web you gave me, the guitars are MIJ or MIA, again what are the difference bewteen them ??? Since from this forum, someone said MIJ is better than MIA and why they are even cheaper than MIA???

Thanks

Forum Member
    Originally posted by Treefingers
    Oh~~ What a man, Brendan. Thank you very much!!
    you've got a jazzmaster or jaguar?? Actually what are the difference bewteen them ??
    and from the web you gave me, the guitars are MIJ or MIA, again what are the difference bewteen them ??? Since from this forum, someone said MIJ is better than MIA and why they are even cheaper than MIA???

Thanks
    I just sent you an email on some of this, but now I'm not sure I answered your question properly, so here goes. The difference between MIA and MIJ?
    Both have alder bodies and I think the MIA has the correct vintage pickups (for the Jazzmaster at least) and pots/switches. Those are easy upgrades. Fender USA does not make either model left handed, so Fender Japan is your only option. Fender Japan gets high marks for consistent quality and I think the value of the Yen has a big impact on price. Let me know if you get one!
    Brendan

Forum Member

thank you very much....brendan

thanks for your useful information and opinion.
    very happy to see your reply....
    yes.....i have sent an e-mail to the Ishibashi , and they replied me also with patience.
    and i really want buy a jaguar, both for the sound and the killing look. haha~~
    but from the Ishibashi reply, the price of jaguar rises from 96000Y to 100000Y......but never mind, it's still worth to get one...
    i like a vintage white with the shell pick-gaurd, do u know it is a mactching headstock....how about yours??

really really thank you.....Brendan

Forum Member
    I think a discount applies to the 100,000 Yen price. When you order, it should come down 20% to 80,000 Yen. Mine has a matching headstock, but I spoke to another lefty who said the new shipment of Candy-Apple Red does not have a matching headstock. I think they look good either way. Good Luck, I hope you get one!

Forum Member

switches of jaguar

Brendan...
    there are several switches on the body of jaguar, do u know what are they ??? and how to use???

Thanks

Forum Member

Re: switches of jaguar

Originally posted by Treefingers
    Brendan...
    there are several switches on the body of jaguar, do u know what are they ??? and how to use???

Thanks
    The top switches (roller wheel, I believe) control the rythym circuit and the bottom three switches are individual controls for the pickups as well as some sort of "bass cut". Check out this link for more detail.

http://www.webrocker.de/jaguar/misc/jag_interactive.htm

I think it explains all the functions.

Forum Member

thanks again!!

thanks for giving this cool site...
    this's helpful....

thanks