Thread: Heritage G12 H 30

Forum Member

Heritage G12 H 30

Ok guys n` gals! Anyone here try any of these yet, and how do they stack up?? I`ve just ordered one for my Guitarmate, and I hope its better than the Chinese Greenback I`ll be taking out of it, considering how much its gonna cost me!!:bug

Your opinions far and away carry more respect from me, than those on the Gear Page, and `Puberty Central` etc.

CT.:ahem

Forum Member

Re: Heritage G12 H 30

No one??

TFF Stage Crew

I've got two of the English made G12 H 30's paired with two 75's in a closed back 4 x 12 cab that sound great. I've tried the G12 H in a few open back combos and didn't care for it however.

Forum Member

I`m putting it in my Guitarmate, which is closed, so I`m hoping for good results.Thanks.

Forum Member

Ok ,,last night was the first gig with the speaker. Now, compared to the chinese Greenie, this one has much nicer, tighter and smoother bottom end, very nice with a Strat. But its the top end, upper mids and treble are smoother, with much less harsh bite than the Chinese Greenbacks have. I still like them, and they`ll do fine in my Sunn cab, but now I think I`ve found the perfect mate for the Guitarmate. That amp tends to have a loose bottom, and this speaker tames it nicely. I can`t wait for it to break in more, and then hear what it sounds like mic`d up. It was expensive, but I think it was worth it. I can only imagine what a quartet of these would sound like!!!
    If it sounds this good now, it`ll only get better.
    Anyone wanna P12n reissue??:spin

To my ear, the G12H is all about bottom. Nice and tight and big with no flub.

I've paired them with Red Fangs and jensen P12Q and P12N alnicos with very good results.

If I've got a new cab or if a customer calls and asks for a pair of "good sounding speakers out of the box" my go to combo is a G12H and a Vintage 30.

Hard to beat 'em open or closed back IMO.

When you say expensive, did you buy one of the Heritage speakers?

You can never have too
    much music in your life.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jim in texas
    To my ear, the G12H is all about bottom. Nice and tight and big with no flub.

I've paired them with Red Fangs and jensen P12Q and P12N alnicos with very good results.

If I've got a new cab or if a customer calls and asks for a pair of "good sounding speakers out of the box" my go to combo is a G12H and a Vintage 30.

Hard to beat 'em open or closed back IMO.

When you say expensive, did you buy one of the Heritage speakers?

Yup,,,I paid top dollar here in the great white north,, $349 cdn...probably too much, but my shop here treats me right, and I`ll make it up elsewhere. I`m really pleased with the swap. This speaker sounded great right out of the box, which was a big surprise, seeing as every new speaker I`ve bought, took quite a while to start sounding good to my finicky ear.