Thread: Rolph 63's vs Stock 50's Relic

Rolph 63's vs Stock 50's Relic

Can any one tell the differance between the stock Relic pickups and the Rolphs I want more chime and 3D charcter but want to retain the nasty meaty stock bridge pickup sound. I also want it to be brighter when cleaning up with the vol control.

Re: Rolph 63's vs Stock 50's Relic

you could always try a treble bleed circuit to keep it brighter when rolling down.

as for the comparison, all i can say is that i'm not too impressed with the fender pups. i've played a bunch and will stay with my aftermarket pups. never have tried rolphs though, but i've read a lot of good stuff about their hbs.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Forum Member

Rolphe has the view that the neck pickup should be the meaty one and the bridge the thinnest one. He claims that what Leo Fender told him he did. It's on his website. Persoanlly I don't subscribe to that view for the simple reason I have never witnessed any such arrangement in any old Fender I ever worked on, and I worked on lots of them.

Rolphe has the view that the neck pickup should be the meaty one and the bridge the thinnest one.
    I think there's too much richness in a strat neck position to add beef to it. If anything I would want to fatten the bridge up...I don't want any thin sounding positions anywhere.