Thread: Hey Lentz....and fiend

Forum Member

Hey Lentz....and fiend

How's the factory? What have you found to be the most difficult tone wood to source in the last few years?

Is the relicing system up and running yet? ;) :nelson
    Last edited by GeetarGoul; 11-14-2002 at 04:22 PM.

THe factory is good we are going to expand to another smokestack next year!

Suprisingly alder is very tough to find clean wide and light enough.
    Ash is also very difficult. Either of these woods takes 1000s of board feet to get a few hundred for a years supply, and this is getting 1st crack!!

Really it is all difficult. And getting worse.

The relicing is coming along. There are legions of fans out in the field working on it as I speak. Read the contract it is for a 20 year lease. After it is up the guitars get sent back to me to be resold as the most authentic relics possible ;)
    Last edited by Tonefiend; 11-16-2002 at 02:49 AM.

Forum Member

Relic Lentz

I have a relic Lentz Esquire. It looked new when I got it but it looks vintage now. Send any Lentz guitar that you wish to have relic'd to me with a check for $500.00 and in 6 months I will send it back looking 20 years old.

Forum Member

Seriously

I am so glad that Lentz is not into doing this joke S$it. Why anyone who plays the guitar would want to buy one pre messed up is beyond me. It is even further baffffeeellling that someone would pay extra to have a guy screw up a finish and hit the guitar with something a couple of times before neatly packing it in the case and sending it off to the store for sale.
    Hey I know.....let's drag this one around the factory on the pavement behind a forklift, that will look extra good!!

Go Scott Go.