Thread: Pedals After A Fuzz?

Forum Member

Pedals After A Fuzz?

I bought a SD Tweak-Fuzz the other day. When it arrived, I plugged it straight into a clean amp on its own to test it. I was really pleased with it. ‘Good buy’, I thought. Hooked up one other pedal after it (true bypass might I add) and suddenly the sound becomes the infamous 'wasp in a jam jar'. And that's with the other pedal off! What's going on with that? I tried it with some other pedals and all had a similar effect compared to just the TF on its lonesome. We're not talking about a slight roll off of high-end here; it's fat and full with no other pedals after it and thin and raspy with. All are running on batteries and I've experimented with leads so it's not that. How can a true-bypass pedal affect the tone that much with it switched off?

I'll be returning it if I can’t find a solution and run it alongside other effects. I've got a delay and others I need to use after it.

Is this common with fuzzes? It's based on a Si Fuzz-Face circuit FWIW.

Help!

Re: Pedals After A Fuzz?

BF-
    Just wondering if you have tried mixing the order of the pedals? Maybe you can put your Fuzz last in the chain.

:)

Forum Member

Re: Pedals After A Fuzz?

In my history with Fuzz`, it usually has to go first in the chain, even before the wah, else you lose a lot.

CT.:ahem