Thread: american strat modifications?

Forum Member

american strat modifications?

can i order an american strat but have fender put a reversed neck on it (strung right handed like the 97 hendrix tribute) with the pickups backwards as well - or do i have to order a custom shop guitar? how do i go about doign this? any price guesstimates? thanks, -jeff

your best bet is to buy your guitar and buy an aftermarket neck for lefties.

Fender doesnt offer apart from some 1 model right now what u want. Try to find that model www.fender.com i dont know the name now sorry.

A custom shop will be over 2000 grand probably im not sure about the pricelist since im european.
    Take Care
    T

Forum Member
    Build your own with Warmoth parts. That would be the easiest and most economic way, unless you can find a used lefty and convert it. Perhaps you could even find a used hendrix strat. Did you want the whole lefty vibe or just reversed neck and pickups? If the latter is the case, then a parts guitar will be the way to go as the route for a right handed strat won't accomodate lefty pups...I don't think.
    Huh?!