Thread: Practice Place (Woodshed)

Practice Place (Woodshed)

I don't think we've talked much about the places where we hone our skills. What type of place do you have? Bedroom? Basement? Garage? Rented out space?
    Of course, I have my drums set up in the basement, in MY part of it.
    I get the exclusive use of 1/4 of the basement. We also hold all the Crossfyre practices down there, so all the PA gear is there as well. I have all my guitars hanging from the walls and all the amps on a moveable platform. The recording gear sits on an old computer desk sort of thing and mics and cables are stored in plastic tubs. I've got something in there for every member in the band. Each one can show up with nothing and we can still have practice because all the essentials are there. Guitars (both acoustic and electric), bass, amps, PA, drums, recording stuff.

The Crossfyre Mancave is just steps from the 2nd refridgerator where an occasional beer can be had and consumed during breaks out on the back porch.

How about you?
    What's your setup?
    If, at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.
    Two leaps per chasm is fatal!

Re: Practice Place (Woodshed)

My little electronic studio at home--but I really spend most of my time "on the couch" with a guitar. No pic of the other space, where I have the Marshall and BFDR set up in a loft above my little bookstore, where at night I can blast away!

Too neat. Even your boots are saluting.

Really nice space. Wait till you see mine. I don't have a digital camera yet (first hint as to what to expect) so the pic will have to be developed & scanned.

TT
    On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.

The boots are imporant--can't do SRV without the boots! I cleaned it up for the pic (except I didn't dust), I found out that after a couple of months the dust just seems to collect on itself and doesn't seem so bad...

Can't wait to see yours T-T!

I play in my room all the time, except for occasional jams and times I feel like playing my acoustic in the basement.
    "The finger pointing at the moon is not the moon."

The couch is always the funnest place to pick and grin.

:)

i hate you sinner! (man is your jam space better than mine!)

personally, i work on stuff in a couple of ways

1. in my bedroom listening to cd's on my computer, and strumming along on an unplugged electric. (when i need to learn parts to songs)

2. sitting on the backporch strumming my acoustic working on new song ideas. (of course writing my music)

3. playing in my buddie's basement. this is for either practicing with a band, or recording my music.

never have had a really cool space to work in. but i will say mark and jason's basement is the sland for acoustics and getting a vibe going for music. it just sounds sooooo good, and has a laid back unassuming feel to it, even when there are too many poeple downstairs.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

gibsonjunkie has the ultimate man cave/practice room! Big, spacious, and well equipped with a music store size selection of fine guitars to play.

Yeah, I'm a little jealous.

Me? I have a small mancave where I do my stuff. It works.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

I have a finished room in my basement where about 7 guitars, a bass guitar, 5 or 6 amps, a mid to late '60s Hammond Organ with Leslie cab and my son's drum kit are all set up ready to go.

It's a great place to unwind!