Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuzz Pedals - Any Recommendations?

Re: Fuzz Pedals - Any Recommendations?

My Fulltone '69 Pedal cuts fine. It actually cuts more when I use the neck pickup and turn the tone down all the way! There's a point between 1 and 2 on the knob where it gets nastier as I lower it! It goes "Ooh-Wah" as the tone knob is lowered. Even the drummer can hear it.
    I swear that this works better on the guitars that I have PIO caps in!

That's the voodoo that I believe in anyway!

What do you want it to do and what is your set-up like? To play well with others you may want something like the Fuzz Head. Muff styles.
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Yeah, I should have clarified that the Muff Pi kind of fuzz doesn't really work for me - but the Fulltone '69 is based more on the Fuzz Face, right? That's a horse of a different color...

FWIW, the best fuzz device I've ever played through is a friend's Prescription Experience pedal - the one with the swirly custom paint job...That is like the mayhem pedal I use when I'm in the studio cutting tracks and I want to get crazy.

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Well if you want the best like I did you hands down have to go with Hartman Electronics. Theo Hartman builds the best vintage germanium fuzz pedals that I have heard. Hand picked germanium transistors may it be NKT275,OC77, OC84, NKT271, AC128, all come wrapped in a stunning brushed copper looking pedal. The sound is absolutely awesome. Boutique fuzz at it's finest.

http://www.hartmanelectronicstore.co...6&productId=22
    "My, but we learn so slow
    and heroes, they come
    and they go
    and leave us behind as if
    we're s'pposed to know why" ~ joe walsh

dave~

BBE Free Fuzz - think of the guitar tone in the song American Woman - The Free Fuzz nails that tone.
    Carry On!

John

Forum Member

Just got a little Big Muff. Smaller, cheaper, same sound and works with a 1 spot adapter!
    www.notinmybook.com

The Fuzz Head, Huckleberry, Screw Driver and Lunar Module all work well for me.
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6