Thread: Have any guitars your too afraid to play?

Forum Member

Have any guitars your too afraid to play?

My black MIA strat..
    My dads guild customshop acoustic.

The black finish scratches so easily, so I cant rock out as much... My other two strats are cream, I rock em out like im some kind of rockstar performing on stage. You cant see scratches and fingerprints on cream..

The acoustic is brand new.

I probably won't attempt any particularly 'athletic' maneuvers while playing my Historic LPs - but that's as much from, ahem, age and wisdom, shall we say, as anything else. I'm afraid I might break something - and not necessarily the guitar!

:rolleyes:

Deneva

None I'm afraid to PLAY, but I don't leave my Historic LP's laying around the house, the fear being for what would happen once my 3 1/2 yr old son got ahold of 'em. He's already demolished one of my Gibson cases trying to crawl inside of it - my Strats on the other hand I tend to leave out - I figure if SRV could toss his around on stage like a rag doll on a regular basis, they must be fairly durable planks....

:cowb
    "The lord will take two things so much alike that he would not mind choosing from them blindfold - and then for a great jest he will allow the slaves to choose."

Same here. I lost that fear of playing them a long time ago. it comes with knowing that there are always a million amazing guitars out there you can buy. It's like buying a hammer and not driving in any nails for fear of getting it dirty. No matter how nice a guitar is, it is still a tool, a means to an end when you think about it. Now I don't go heaving my historic les pauls in the back of my trunk without a case, but I certainly am not afraid to play them. After what I spent I need to play them a BUNCH to get my money's worth :)

I am extra careful with my PRS. Not that I am careless with my others but I just take special care of it. If my son wants to use it, its only when his buddies are not around. He likes to practice with it.

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

Brianf,
    I like your avatar pic! Nice selection :)

Forum Member
    I'm afraid to play all of my guitars due to the fact that I suck so bad.

Thanks Shawn.

I like them too. What goodies are you playing?

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

The guitars I really play above all others right now are my 58RI LP and my Taylor 614CE. I've been doing a lot of pickup experimentation lately with the LP, so my guitar swapping urges have subsided.....for the moment :)

I bought em all to play. Playing them is how they build character.
    Aaron
    Alias: Fat Dog Lee
    Play it like ya mean it.
    http://www.groups.msn.com/aaronsclub

The only one I'm a bit wary of taking out to the average bar gig is a 1927 Martin O-18K... pretty much everything else is fair game, including my '53 ES-175, which, along with my Lentz Tele, are my main gigging axes...
    Regards, Dave Orban

Nah, I gig with all of 'em. The only one that gets any extra "babying" is the '58 RI LP, which doesn't do bar gigs. But I'll take it to any other kind of gig...