Thread: Odd Tremolo Stud Spacing

Odd Tremolo Stud Spacing

I have a Strat style body with odd bridge stud placements. I measured from center to center of the stud holes (the inserts were not in the body when i received it) and it measured 62 mm.

I've looked around for a two pivot tremolo with spacing in that range and came up with 2 offerings from Wilkinson...so far that's the only company I've found that has stud spacing anywhere near what I need. I dig the way the stud spacing is variable but one tremolo is adjustable from 50mm 60mm and the other from 63mm to 66mm. Which one should I go for to try and accomodate the strange 62mm spacing?

If anyone knows of a tremolo with 62mm stud spacing please let me know!

Re: Odd Tremolo Stud Spacing

maybe the problem is your looking for one in metric. or the fact your maybe it's a japanese guitar.. an everything is in metric an no longer made..???

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation80
    maybe the problem is your looking for one in metric. or the fact your maybe it's a japanese guitar.. an everything is in metric an no longer made..???
    Hm...Should I just fill the holes and get a standard tremolo? I'd rather have a 6 screw than a 2 anyway....

hmm maybe try looking for one that is 2 1/2 inches ? instead of 62mm ? (2 1/2 inches is about 63.5 mm) probley more common measurement. the problem is you gotta match it up to the width of the neck. Allso will you have to recut the the hole for it to fit ? or viceversa the hole is to big for the unit. ..Do you got pics ?

The whole body is very odd in that it came with single coil pickups (I received the body with only the pickguard and the pickup covers) but they arent fender spaced singles. So, I was thinking that if I can find a tremolo that fits in the existing holes I'd just use that and put in some gibson spaced pickups. But, now that I know that I most likely won't find a fitting tremolo I might just sell the body because I cant find a neck that fits on the body due to the weird spacing and I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Also, my Am Dlx V Neck Strat is a narrow spaced guitar and don't need two of the same style guitar. Plus, I'm itchin' for a Tele project and since I have corresponding parts, it'll make the entire process a lot easier. Thanks for your help though man I appreciate it