Thread: Replacement speakers for a Cyber Twin ???

Forum Member

Replacement speakers for a Cyber Twin ???

Any suggestions for replacement speakers for a Fender Cyber Twin?

It currently has a pair of Celestion G-12T 100 watters. IIRC, these are fairly similar to the G-12T 75 speakers that go into most of the basic Marshall combos. Also, IIRC, these speakers are known for being fairly harsh (upper mids ???).

I would like a smoother, warmer speaker, but I don't want to lose too much "Fender flavor" when I have the amp configured for Fender-y tones.

Any suggestions in the realm of Weber, Celestion and Eminence?

Thanks,
    Bob

PS: Sorry, I should have mentioned that each speaker (2x12") has to handle a max of 65 watts at 8 ohms. The CT is a stereo 130 watt amp with 65 watts per side.

fezz parka

Re: Replacement speakers for a Cyber Twin ???

The Eminence Patriot series has some good ones. The Red, White, & Blues might be just the ticket...

Forum Member

Thanks. I've been trying to get some info on the Patriot/Redcoat series, but the Eminence site is confusing. It seems that every one of them has great treble, mid and bass, and is great for all kinds of music!, but what does that mean?

fezz parka

Marketing.:hee They're all good!

Seriously, I have heard the RW&B in a Twin Reverb. I think they'll sound great in your CyberTwin.

Did a little research and asked a friend who plays a CyberTwin. He recommended this: Legend Modeling 12.
    Last edited by fezz parka; 06-07-2005 at 02:53 PM.

These may be a bit more meaningful:

patriot
    redcoat

Forum Member

Thanks for both replies!

That Guitar Player link is great. I think I actually had that issue, but wasn't looking for speakers back then, so I didn't save it.

Great stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMosack
    Thanks for both replies!

That Guitar Player link is great. I think I actually had that issue, but wasn't looking for speakers back then, so I didn't save it.

Great stuff.
    Ok,,I`m must be daft or something. This is a digital emulator, so changing out the speaker would be a moot point wouldn`t it? Unless its blown, why?? I would guess that the speakers in it are real efficient, and high power to keep speaker colouration out of the equation, therefore the best to` emulate` whatever patch your putting into it.

CT.:ahem

I would guess that a very flat, neutral speaker with good multi-range capabiities would be a best choice.

I sat through a clinic with Greg Koch, and he mentioned that this is why that particular Celestion was used.

I don't have any real valuable input on which speaker would be best, but did get that from Greg. He seems to know a little bit about that type of stuff.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Forum Member

"I would guess that a very flat, neutral speaker with good multi-range capabiities would be a best choice."

I would agree if these speakers met that criteria. IMO, they are relatively flat, but have a harsh upper mid peak.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMosack
    "I would guess that a very flat, neutral speaker with good multi-range capabiities would be a best choice."

I would agree if these speakers met that criteria. IMO, they are relatively flat, but have a harsh upper mid peak.
    Thats probably more a result of the digital aspect, coupled with solid state. Harsh, and cold sounding.

CT.:ahem