Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: What brand Stwing do you use?

Re: Poll: What brand Sting do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by gloriyang
    Anyone here use Rotosound Strings?
    I had a couple of sets and I really liked them. Of course, this was around 1980, so my tastes may have changed. I've never even seen another pack of Rotosound guitar strings since.

Hold your group together, with Rotosound Strings!

Electrics, I use either Ernie Ball Yellow Slinkies or D'Addario XL 10's. If I feel like splurging, I'll get the Classic Slinkies, but they're harder to find. Dean Markley's sound pretty good too, but they're a lot more expensive. I hate GHS and Fender strings.

Acoustics, since I've stopped gigging acoustic for the time being, I'm using D'Addario Phosphor Bronze 0.012s.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Forum Member

Re: Poll: What brand Stwing do you use?

I like Fender Super Bullets nickel-plated steel strings, 9-42. Sound good to me, last long, and they stay in tune. And they don't break the bank.

Well, I started on acoustics. After 20+ years moved to electircs. I played .11's for years. As my wrists and fingers have aged I have found the need to move to lighter strings. I am experimenting with .09's now. Feels very weird. I generally use Ernie Ball.
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Ernie Ball Classic Rock N Rolls, or Regular Slinkies on my Hamer, G&L and Ibanez. Super Slinky on my PRS.
    Time wounds all heels.