Thread: easy p90 strat mod. pic.

easy p90 strat mod. pic.

my buddy wanted a guitar like my stamp strat, so i told him i'd sell him the pups out of in and put them in his strat. ordered up a warmoth guard and got to work a little tonight. bridge pup is a duncan custom, mid is a dimarzio of some sort (already in the guitar), and the neck is a reverend p90. i'm going to wire it up to a 5 way, and use a blender pot for the neck pup. should be pretty rockin, also throwin in a phase switch for the neck pup. still have to do a little bit of routing, and then everything should just slide right in.

"don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: easy p90 strat mod. pic.

Nice!

You have to make room for the Volume knob skirt too. I used Tele knobs on mine for clearance. Or a new pickguard with the vol knob hole moved down a little. That should sound pretty cool.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

I'm SO afraid of a router. :lol Rock on, Chucko. :yay

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob
    Or a new pickguard with the vol knob hole moved down a little. That should sound pretty cool.
    take a little closer look bob, the spacing isn't "stock" on this guard. ;) i don't know if it comes thru in the pics.

I have an Allparts guard where the volume is moved away from the bridge p'up a good 1/4". I don't know if it's a defect or if they just make 'em that way. I did have to change knobs on the Fender guard though to accomodate the P90.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

cool man, i made up a jig which was a crappy looking fender knob with the center drilled out. i positioned it on the guard as close as i could to the route without the skirt touching the pup and then drilled there. i tried to make it look as close to stock as possible, so i guess if it fooled you es then it worked :hee

anyways, sounds like all parts might do that on purpose cause most people i know who play strats hit the nob with their hand. the friend i'm hot rodding this for inisisted that i put it as close as possible to the bridge pup. he does the tele swells on the strat. awesome player by the way!

it should be finished in the next day or two. i'll post more pics then.