Thread: Who has installed new Fender 57/62 pups?

Who has installed new Fender 57/62 pups?

I noticed that the Fender site has only one part # for these pups, with no provisions for ordering a matched set. So how did you order them? And do they give you the ohm reading of each pup if you order 3? Seems rather haphazard the way its displayed on the website.
    "Blue horse-shoe loves Andicott Steel"

Nevermind. I talked to Fender. The pup values are all the same at 5.6k ohms. No matched sets, just like the originals. Considering all the good reviews that these are getting, I was surprised to hear that the 57/62's have the lowest output.

I've got the new 57/62 set in my avatar start, an earlier 80's '57 reissue. Over the years I have had dozens of pickups in that guitar. I was going to get a set of Fralins and a local guitar tech told me to try the new 57/62 set. "I'll sell em to you for $90, you can't go wrong" I am very impressed with these pickups and they've stayed in my guitar for the last year. The middle isn't rw/rp but I'm dealing with the noise because the tone is so good.
    Highly recommended.

Ditto here, I highly recommend them. I've got 3 Strats with different pickups, including 2 with CS pups, and I like the one with those 57/62s the best. Fender did a good job with these, they sound great.

I'm kinda wondering how they sound against Fender custom 54's. Anyone know how they're different, tonally or otherwise.

Forum Member
    Hey everyone....Don't know how they fare against CS54's but.....

I installed the 57/62's in my '96 maple neck MIJ........all I can say is sounds like a really good old Strat. I play through a EL34 tubed late 70's Marshall 2x12 combo, and an old MXR distortion +, and it sounds so good it's silly. Depending on how much gain I dial in, it can go from Clapton Layla tone to Jeff Beck. I've also got a SF Champ that I've modded, and with the volume turned down, you get a very Knoppleresque tone that is so very sweet. I played with some friends over the weekend that hadn't heard it since I replaced the pickups, and I had a very hard time getting it back from them once they picked it up....:-) Highly Recommeded.
    Tim

Forum Member
    I just put them in my 99 American Deluxe strat..now sounds like a 40 year old vintage gem..best vintage strat sound I have heard. If Fender put them in all their strats , you would only ever buy one strat in a lifetime..first one you got would be your last.

I've got '54's and 57/62's and all I can tell you is that they both sound really good.

Maybe I'm just old but I think that the amp makes the biggest contribution to tone. Without a decent amp it makes no difference if you have Shure's, Fralins, Duncan's, Fender CS, etc. in the guitar. Thru a good amp they all sound good and good is good enough for me.

You want to see a classic case of "Oh my God...I have to change my pickups"?????

Go over to the LPF and look at all the Voodoo threads. There's even been a few near fist fights over how somebody thinks something does or doesn't sound.

That just blows my mind.
    You can never have too
    much music in your life.

The new design 57/62 Strat pickups are the best soundng Fender pickups they make. I liked them better than the Fat 50's the CS69's and the 54's and all others I compared them too.

In fact the only pickups I like better than the 57/62's are the Fralin Vintage Hots.

I'd say a set of the 57/62's with a RWRP middle would be the best thing you could get for the $$. Maybe something like a 57/62 neck fat 50's RWRP middle and 57/62 bridge would sound great.