Thread: TOM DELONGE SIGNATURE STRAT?

TOM DELONGE SIGNATURE STRAT?

Has anyone played the tom delonge strat? i like it cept for the crappy tuners i want locking tuners...can that be done i i buy a delonge strat and chnge the tuners to schaller or sperzul?

Forum Member
    I played my friends Tom D strat. Its a pretty cool guitar, in fact Im thinking about buying one. Its great if your like me and like a simplistic approach to strats, the only gripe I have with these is they don't come with maple fretboards. I'll probably order a neck from wormoth with some star inlays or something and put it on there.
    I wouldn't really call the tuners crappy, there the Gotoh vintage style, but if ya need locking tuners, throw some on there.

Sea Foam Green rules.....

I traded for a nearly brand new one a few weeks ago, my upgrades consist of a removing ( and selling) the original pickup and pickguard and replacing w/ traditional three pickup pick guard.

I'd probably go to a maple neck if I didn't have a tele with one, maybe someday when I get a brain cramp or something

here's a link to a picture, a sort of "unblinking look at a Delonge strat ".....

http://ourworld.cs.com/dougtrueblood/hardtail1.jpg

oh yeah, while I don't mind the vintage style tuners, once you get the hang of them. they're good; the high E tuner was pretty loose and had a lot of excess travel w/o a string on it. I plan on either swapping it with the low E tuner or robbing my parts bin for an extra one.
    Last edited by truelasdougblood; 10-27-2002 at 09:41 AM.