Anyone ever deal with Rumble Street

I am interested in the 60 strat they have

References anyone?

http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/

Rumble Seat Music
    121 W.State St.
    Ithaca, NY 14850
    USA

1960 Fender Stratocaster "Sunburst" COOL VIBE!! This one has the Look!! Think 'Stevie Ray Vaughan/Rory Gallagher'. Lightweight, Nice Rosewood Slab Board on a Birdseye Maple neck, Green Guard, Spaghetti Logo. This one's got some wear, but pick it up and play it and You'll understand why!! 100% Original. VG+ w/Export Case $6995

http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/pix/60strat2.jpg

Forum Member

I Haven't Dealt W/ Them, But........

It's hard to believe that guitar body can be worn that much, considering how new the pickguard and hardware look. Or, maybe it is, and the guard and hard are new. Also, what are they saying about a green guard? Looks clean, unaged, and as white as snow to me.

I'm skeptical about it.

P.S. Remember seeing Rory Gallagher's burnt up old Strat and how everything on it was worn, and the pickguard screws and other hardware parts were rusted? I held and inspected that guitar many years ago, and everything on it said "authentically worn and played." The one in the pic doesn't say that to me.
    Last edited by Axis; 10-17-2002 at 11:11 AM.

Forum Member
    I have done a couple of deals with Rumbleseat-I bought one guitar from them and sold them a couple of others. They are all right but I wouldn't buy a "vintage" guitar from them(the one I bought was a recent model PRS)-the description of one I sold them appeared on their site with some "inaccuracies" shall I say...it irritated me to the point I confronted them and they did change it but I wonder what they would have done if I hadn't? They were generous in a trade offer I did on the PRS and were always courteous and friendly which counts for something. If it were me I would proceed with EXTREME caution....