Thread: My finished Strat!!

Forum Member

My finished Strat!!

The guitar started off as a 94 American Plus Deluxe. I changed out the lace sensor pickups to the Fender 57/62's. I switched out the locking trem for the non locking version. And I just finished my new neck a few days ago. It is from USA custom guitars. SRV profile, 6100 frets, Maple/Pau Ferro, it is great, USA did a great job. This is my number one guitar. Swimming pool route, ash top on an alder body LSR nut, locking tuners, all the stuff that the purists think makes for bad guitar tone but, I think the guitar sounds great and I don't think I will ever get rid of her. I only have 550 bucks invested in to the guitar (that includes the price of the guitar). Also notice my tribute to SRV with the "custom" sticker.

http://www.guitar.com/discuss/img/m2271651-9760.jpg

http://www.guitar.com/discuss/img/m2271652-5738.jpg
    Last edited by Guitarsamm; 10-16-2002 at 08:49 PM.

great looking strat good job, I bet she growls like the best of 'em
    Formerly Bluesgtr20

Looks sweet man. Is that custom paint? I like my Lace Sensors...
    Hopeless modaholic...

Forum Member
    Its just the stock paint. Blue Burst. I looks really good in person. It goes from the normal blue to a transparent greenish blue color in the center. You can see the grain of the wood really well and the dot inlays on the neck are almost the same color.

Yeah, I like the Lace Sensors too. In a way I miss them but, the configuration that I had didn't give me that vintage type strat sound. I am actually thinking about getting some of those Holly Grail Lace Sensors. I have heard good things about them.