Thread: Overdrive for Hot Rod Deluxe??

Forum Member

Overdrive for Hot Rod Deluxe??

Whats the best overdrive pedal for a hot rod deluxe? thanks

I have an HR Deville 2 x 12. I put a Pod in the effects return. I use the power amp only and the POD as a pre amp. Lots of good distortions in a POD.

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

Forum Member
    It really depends on what kind of sound you are going for. This amp takes most pedals for the most part really good. I am using a TS9/808, Barber Direct Drive, and also a FoxRox Fuzzfoot.

Iused to have a Blues Deluxe that I've since sold 'cos I could never use it as it was too loud for the tiny places we play here. Anyhow, a simple little TS-5 Soundtank Tubescreamer sounded good to me through the drive channel. That pushed it into high gain territory as far as I'm concerned.
    2005 new gear count: CIJ '72 RI Tele Custom. NOS '88 Charvel Model 3B. Reverend Drivetrain II. Boss CH-2. Boss DS-1. Boss BCB-60. PRS Custom 22

Forum Member
    Any of the Tubescreamer sorts - as they add a nice mid boost to make the HR cut through. Perhaps consider a VS Jekyll and Hyde. Two pedals in one. The Jekyll is a Tubescreamer clone... the Hyde is a Plexi in a box.

The other recommendation would be to go to www.robertkeeley.com and get one of his modded Boss Blues Drivers... his version of this infamous pedal blows the doors off many of the high-end boutique pedals out there... can be a transparent clean boost or a huge gain monster.

Forum Member
    I put an original Marshall Guv'nor in front of mine, sounds pretty darn good to my ears.