Thread: Weber Speakers

Weber Speakers

I orderd A replacement Driver for my DR. Ted recomended His sig12 the first one i got someone had punched 4 holes for the voice coil wires and you could see 2 them above the dome so i sent it back thikin no big deal..Waited for the replacement to arive 10 days pass and still no speaker..So i email Mr Weber and He ships one out to me fast..This friggen one has the same problem!

I know the dude is busy but OMG he can't even take the time to make sure the second one dose not have this defect in the manufacture!If he has a QC department There sluffing off..Someone needs a boot in the ass!!

(Rant Off)

Re: Weber Speakers

The Signatures aren't made by Weber, they're outsourced to a contract speaker manufacturer (in the US), but made to spec. That's how they get them made for a more affordable price.

There's been a big backorder situation on the 12 inch sigs, due to the runaway success of the kits that just seems to be clearing up now.

I'm sure TA (who runs the operation, Ted's the designer and general PR guy) has been in frequent contact with the contract manufacturer regarding this.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Forum Member

I've purchased a bunch of stuff from WeberVST and I've never had any quality problems with any of his stuff. I've got Weber speakers, load dumps, rectifiers, etc. Obviously, that doesn't make your situation any better, but I'm certain that Ted will stand behind what he sells and if you're determined to have a good Weber speaker he can provide you with one. Twice in a row is a pretty bad experience though. I feel your pain!

Yeah twice is pretty bad,It pisses me off! I think Ted's a good egg and will make it wright..I'm going to upgrade this time..Any recomendations?Its a 73 Deluxe reverb..

Quote Originally Posted by melody
    Yeah twice is pretty bad,It pisses me off! I think Ted's a good egg and will make it wright..I'm going to upgrade this time..Any recomendations?Its a 73 Deluxe reverb..
    I think the favorite for most folks is what used to be called the P12NT, but would now be a 12A150-T. It's a slightly brighter version of an alnico "N" speaker.
    orange picks

no responce to my Email yet..Thanks Kap.

Heres the emails we have been sendintg back and forth.. Can you bleave the last responce?Please start at the bottem of the post.

The holes are on the opposite side of the lead wires above the cone.. if you look at the one sent back to you its pretty obvious too see where they are ..Well the way i see it i paid for a speaker that comes with a cone that has two holes for the lead wires too go to the voice coil,Not two that are showing above the cone and two for the lead wires,Is that to much to ask for? All I want is what i paid for.. Not too mention this is the second one you shipped to me..Insignificant or not,Or affecting the tone..Do you think this speaker will last the test of time?

Del

T A Weber <taweber@webervst.com> wrote:
    do those holes go all the way through the cone? or are they holes that the
    leads are going through? what I see is pretty insignificant, to be honest
    with you.. this will not affect the tone of the speaker...

At 11:32 AM 4/10/2005 -0700, you wrote:
    >Here ya go,Hopefully you can see them..
    >
    >T A Weber wrote:
    >
    >
    >can you send me a picture of the speaker and the holes?
    >
    >
    >
    >At 08:57 AM 4/10/2005 -0700, you wrote:
    >>Yea thats what I thought! No I have not installed it.. Anyway if I send it
    >back I would like to upgrade.. Can I do that?What do you recomend? I want
    >you to know that I do appreciate your time regarding this matter I know that
    >employees can be a pain in the butt,And don't always do what there told..
    >>
    >>
    >>Del Francisco
    >>
    >>TA Weber wrote:
    >>hmm.. this is weird.. have you installed it? how does it sound? I guess
    >>send it back and I will just completely refund you.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >---------------------------------
    >Do you Yahoo!?
    > Make Yahoo! your home page

>
    Here ya go,Hopefully you can see them..

T A Weber
    <taweber@webervst.com> wrote:
    >

can you send me a picture of the
    speaker and the holes?

At 08:57 AM 4/10/2005 -0700, you
    wrote:
    >Yea thats what I thought! No I have not installed it.. Anyway
    if I send it
    back I would like to upgrade.. Can I do that?What do you
    recomend? I want
    you to know that I do appreciate your time regarding
    this matter I know that
    employees can be a pain in the butt,And don't
    always do what there told..
    >
    >
    >Del
    Francisco
    >
    >TA Weber wrote:
    >hmm..
    this is weird.. have you installed it? how does it sound? I
    guess
    >send it back and I will just completely refund
    you.
    >
    >
    >

>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you Yahoo!?

>Make Yahoo! your home page
    >
    >
    >Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="Dsc01138.jpg"

>Content-Description: Dsc01138.jpg
    >Content-Disposition: inline; filename="Dsc01138.jpg"
    >
    >Attachment Converted: C:\TEMP\Dsc01138.jpg
    >

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Member

Wow, that is pretty shocking/revealing. Just about everyone today wants to make sure that you're completely satisfied with your buying experience. Market share is tough today and nothing sells like word-of-mouth advertising and recommendations/testamonials. Sounds from the emails like the guy at Weber is looking to cover their ass. I am thinking about replacing a BF VC speaker, was leaning toward Weber, but this certainly puts a different spin on things. Would I have a similar experience? You know what I mean?

um...where are the pictures?
    orange picks

How can I post them Here?

Quote Originally Posted by melody
    How can I post them Here?
    You need someplace to host them first. Lilypix (above) works just fine.
    orange picks

Its on lilypics

Forum Member

Del, Sorry you are so pissed about that. As Kap'n mentioned, those are made at an affiliate. From a technical perspective, those small extra holes are not an issue at all.
    However, you are not convinced of that, please send it back and we'll reimburse you for the speaker and the shipping both times.

I have seen those extra holes on many commercial drivers over the years, FWIW.

Just not a big deal, really. Difficult to convince a paying customer of that, though and I fully understand that.

Ted

Ted thanks for your reply to this thread,You fail to mention that now your threating leagel action,For posting here! I'm not pissed at all!But hey all I wanted in the first place was a speaker that has no defect in the manufacture..And you send me two!And now where supost too be all buddys now..Do what you must!

Heres the pic judge for yourself..

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/showpi...1238&pid=43272

Del

Spose, No problem..I've washed my hands of the whole deal I'm done..

Forum Member

Yikes... legal action? Not me...
    Again, you said for the start you were relaly pissed, and also made a few accusations about us and our business.

I explained the problem is not a technical defect. Also, you have been corresponding with my son TA, not me (Ted)... Sorry you are so upset about the whole thing and that it came to this, including your feeling the need to post email exchanges. It appears my son continued with each exchange to try to keep you happy and then I offered the same here, including reimbursements for all shipping.

Apparently that's not enough. Sorry for the problem but as I mentioned, it is not a problem technically and will not cause any problems now or in the future.

Sorry Spose, but this guy came out of the gate swinging and we've done everything to apease him. I'll let our reputation stand on its own.

No need to delete this thread, I'm sure readers will get the idea of what's really going on. But, of course, that's your call. Thanks for the well moderated forum.

Ted

Then you need to teach your son how to treat people with respect I can post the email if you like, Where is clearly states your son is forwarding all this to your lawer to reviue and take any action he sees fit..I don't bleave I came outta the gate swinging if I did sorry for that..Your reputation is what led me to you and I'm not trying to discredit anybody.. Just putting this out in the open for all to read..

Thanks for your offer whtch has been on the table from the begining..I was trying to upgrade as mention above and never got a reply to my questions's I bleave I have been more than acomadating regarding this matter, As have you! Can you understand my frustration?I shore felt it from your son..