Thread: earvana nuts

earvana nuts

im looking to replace the nut on my american deluxe with an earvana nut but im not sure whether i should go with the OEM total replacement or the drop in. aesthetically, id much rather have the OEM but in order to use it id have to have a tech install it (i dont wanna mess up my one good guitar). are there any differences other than looks and the ability for the standard replacement to drop right in?

Re: earvana nuts

You can't go back if you use the OEM and don't like it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained as stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by chaz498
    You can't go back if you use the OEM and don't like it.
    have you used an earvana? does it affect the overall sound? if i get better intonation it seems like a pretty sound investment unless the tone of my guitar is worsened.

I have the OEM one on my USACG Strat and love how it makes the open and lower position chords intonate. My LP always sounds off if I play it after the Strat. It doesn't degrade the tone in any way to my ears, but obviously I cannot do a back-to-back comparison with this guitar.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained as stupidity"

I've installed Earvana nuts on my own guitars and a few for friends. No change in tone, BIG improvement in intonation.

I used the drop in. The OEM does look better but is frankly probably beyond my skill to install correctly and neatly. I don't think that once you install an Earvana you'll ever want to go back though. I won't have any electric guitars without them now.
    s'all goof.

so the drop in is as simple as just taking the old nut out and gluing the new one in?