Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lace sensor blue, silver, red opinions

Re: lace sensor blue, silver, red opinions

I have a Plus with the red, silver, blue combination.
    It originally contained gold sensors.
    I find that all five positions are more useful.
    They handle effects great and are best loud.

also they are sterile so they won't make you sick

My first upgrade to my Strat was installing a set of Golds in it and like a previous poster said, they were flat and compressed. The dealer let me exchange them so I went with a set of Reds (recommended on the old Lace sight). They didn't do it for me either. So I decided to look into the Fenders as I wanted my Strat to sound like a Strat. I got a set of Fat 50's which give me great Strat tone and have the middle pickup reverse wound. It's been a couple of years since that swap and I've been very pleased ever since. They're there to stay.

Forum Member

Well here I sit with the original set still in my strat and I cannot make up my mind on what to purchase. Go with a set of lollar blondes or maybe the custom shop 54's or will it be a set of fralin's , should I take another chance on a set Lace pups maybe hot golds? or GFS and do I choose flat pole or raised pole, alnico 2 or 5 magnets etc etc.. I've never done a shield job before so should I use paint, aluminum or copper, and what is a good soldering iron a weber or something else, 20 - 40 W . Maybe just maybe I should try my stock set again ,wire the bridge for one of the tone controls and a copper shield job, the KISS philosophy. In the mean time I'll just continue playing and think about it later.