Thread: Super Six Reverb

Super Six Reverb

Hi there,

any opinions on that Amp ?
    I know it has 100W out of 4x 6L6 and a 6x10" Speaker Configuration. What´s it´s circuit ? IS it similar to the Super Reverb or more to the Twin ?
    Any help is appreciated...

cu

bluesfreak :smokin

Forum Member
    Hey...If I'm not mistaken, it's a Twin Reverb in a 6x10 cabinet.

Yep, a Twin chassis. WAY too much amp to be in 1 cab- ridiculous.

I was just looking at the 135 Twin schematic on the Fender Field Guide site when I spotted the Super Six speaker configuration off to the right hand side. I thought the Quad was bad enough but hell's teeth... What size are they? It sounds like they must be just about the same size as a Marshall 8x10 cabinet to me.[1] What do they weigh? (Shuffles quickly back to the FFG) 98 lbs!

Cheers - Steve

1) Years ago the rhythm guitar player in my band had one of these that he used a 50W Laney through. Once the van broke down and the only way to move it was across the back seat of my car with the castors removed so thet the door would shut.
    Last edited by SteveK; 10-10-2002 at 01:16 AM.
    2005 new gear count: CIJ '72 RI Tele Custom. NOS '88 Charvel Model 3B. Reverend Drivetrain II. Boss CH-2. Boss DS-1. Boss BCB-60. PRS Custom 22

Big, loud, very heavy, and very clean. Doug H is right. It is a twin in a 6x10" cabinet.
    Albert Collins used a Quad reverb, the same amp with 4x12's. He had 4 JBL's in there and played the amp on 10. That amp would hurt you!

My buddy has a quad reverb amongst his large pile of amps. He's never had chance to use it. Hell, in the tiny Pubs here a Pro Jr never gets into overdrive territory. Note to self. Why did I just buy a Twin Reverb when I rarely even use my Laney VC30. Hmm...

He's hoping to line us up an open air gig sometime so we can bring put the heavy artillery!

Cheers - Steve
    2005 new gear count: CIJ '72 RI Tele Custom. NOS '88 Charvel Model 3B. Reverend Drivetrain II. Boss CH-2. Boss DS-1. Boss BCB-60. PRS Custom 22

Forum Member
    I have very limited experence with this, but I have played one a few times. It does look cool.

Problems:

1. Way too loud.

2. It has an unfortunate design. It's way too heavy and akwardly shaped. With two handles on the sides and none on the top, you don't want to be the guy leading this thing down a steep flight of stairs.