Thread: Jazzmaster and Line 6 Variax

Forum Member

Jazzmaster and Line 6 Variax

Just a loose bit for any of you who might be considering purchase of a Line 6 Variax guitar...you know, the modeling guitar which has a dial to select the modeled sound of any of 25 instruments, including Fens and Gibs and Grets and Rics and Marts...

...'bought one 13 months ago and it's great fun and cool and plays well enough and IS a keeper and has a whole pot of hip sounds :blbros...

...but after the metaphorical "novelty" wore off, for pure pleasure in sitting down and playing comfort and vibe, out comes the Jazzmaster, much, much more often than the wonder-guitar.

BTW, no Jazzmaster model on the Variax, which is IMHO, a very good thing. Jazzmasters deserve to be real.

Peace, Bros and Sisters, make music, not hate.

Re: Jazzmaster and Line 6 Variax

Now to ruin your day... (or maybe make it) when Workbench for the Variax you'll be able to slap some P-90's on a Strat body and get a pretty similar tone to a Jazzmaster. I'm looking forward to that!

Forum Member

Hey I of N,

Thanks, but no thanks. 'Will in all likelihood not be a customer for Workbench. Personal relationship with computers is somewhat love-hate, as many of us.

Peace, Bros and Sisters. Make music, not hate.

It'll be a great tool, but at the end of the day, I usually resort to the real deal if I had my choice.