Thread: My future N.I.C.E Telecaster Thinline:the specs

Forum Member

My future N.I.C.E Telecaster Thinline:the specs

I'm having a guitar build by our esteemed forumite of the Guitardiner-forum Alex Radovanovic and it is going to be a thinline telecaster build to my specs. So far Alex and I have discussed on an almost daily base the specs of the guitar and I have to say that it is a dream come thru for me. Alex is real easy to work with, patient and knows his stuff. I had numerous questions and ideas and we sorted them all out. Some might have seen the picture I posted with the pieces of wood I had to choose from and I think that the wood quality says a lot about how pro Alex is. Building the guitar will take some time but I know the wait will be worth it. Here are the specs of the guitar:

Body: 1-piece top (ashtop #1) and 1-piece back Swamp Ash, F-hole. Here's a picture of a thinline morphed with the piece of wood I'm going with (#1 in the previous thread!)

Body Finish: dark blue transp. with natural wood binding
    Neck: maple neck, maple fingerboard, 2-way-trussrod
    Neck Finish: clear lacquer
    Fingerboard radius: 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
    Fret size: medium-jumbo
    Trussrod adjustment at headstock
    Kluson tuners
    String tree, Fender style, bent metal
    Inlay material: dark abalone
    Scale length: 25.5"
    Nut width 1-11/16" (43 mm)
    Neck thickness: build to my specs, same as my current #1 Telecaster
    Neck shape: slight C shape
    Bridge: Gotoh 6-saddle bridge
    Pickups: Kersting, custom wound
    Electronics: 1 4-way-switch, 1 Volume, 1 Tone, output jack

To make this a total Forum-involved guitar, it will have 2 custom wound pickups by Steve Kersting (also member of the Guitardiner-forum) installed but that needs to be discussed later on.

For more info about N.I.C.E Guitars, please check their site at http://www.niceguitars.ch. For info about Steve Kersting's custom pickups you can go to this site: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/skgs .

For those interested, I will post updates about the guitar during the build process!!

Cya,

Yoeri

sounds cool yoeri hope you dig it and then post some pics and sounds of it trough your "BEAST" you call amp lol
    Take Care
    T

Forum Member
    Up you go for those interested in finding out what wood I went with!

Cya,

Yoeri