Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best MIM Fender Strat?

Re: best MIM Fender Strat?

45 now I lived at 93 Upper Lakeview I moved to portland 9 years ago
    I even played the Columbia room which is down the road abit Musicains here are different, but i gig regularly Its very nice here and affordable

Another vote for the J.V.

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JM3
    45 now I lived at 93 Upper Lakeview I moved to portland 9 years ago
    I even played the Columbia room which is down the road abit Musicains here are different, but i gig regularly Its very nice here and affordable
    Hey do remeber a guy named jesse Evans? He was a killer guitar player back in the day. Did you ever jam with doug macko (not sure of the spelling) He's from cupsaw lake area. I wish I could move but the wife dosen't want to leave her family. Oh well sorry to the other guys for getting off the subject. I used the 50's classic last night at practice and was really impressed. I put texas specials in it and I love them. I know some people don't like them but for me they work well. I had Fralin vintage p/u's and didn't like them at all. The TS have real balls and the neck p/u is fantastic IMHO.

I belonged to the Erskine lake assoc. I really liked it but too much $$ for nothing cant even play aclub without getting pulled over every night. Too conservative for me Took all my guitars and left for the left coast

Not sure may have played with them I did gig with many players There was one flatpicker that was pretty good and we jammed a few times, but I was gigging every weekend so not too much time for jamming

Good luck with the new guitar

Well....IMHO the regular ol run of the mill MIM strat is excellent. THe J.V., Cray, 50's, 60's, and 70's strats are even better. The best strat I've ever played is the 50's Vintage Player Strat. Picked on up recently it's absoulutely delicious. Am gonna post a review with pics after the 6th string change. I like to find any quirks before posting a review. Less Crow to eat later :)

Rick C. - Old Geezer
    Wherever You go...There You Are.

I have the 50's and a newer 60s burgundy i just love Its the best out of 5 strats that i own I wired in the tone pot on the treble pup and put in an HS-2 Dimarzio WOW what a great guitar

The MIM Artist and Classic series are the best!!

Has anyone seen the special edition? All American parts.

jerseydrew

Can somebody please describe the difference in the necks on the Cray and the Jimmie Vaughn model? V shaped, C, thin, fat, whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Fene
    Has anyone seen the special edition? All American parts.

Those are called Vintage Player Strats. 250 were made in each color for a total of only 750 made.

They have 9.5 radius med jumbo frets Tx Special pickups staggard tuners like on the EJ Strat the body is a 50-60's Classic thats shielded and all the hardware is the same as the Custom Shop and AV ri series.

They are a great guitar bot you cant just go buy one new.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydrew
    Can somebody please describe the difference in the necks on the Cray and the Jimmie Vaughn model? V shaped, C, thin, fat, whatever?
    There are 2 different neck profiles on the JV's. The earliest ones had a big neck with a sorta hard v. After those they were a little smaller with a softer v and feel so perfect its like it was made for your hands.

The Cray Strat has a real thick neck a fat C shape its real thick as you go up the neck be sure to play one first incase its too big.

jerseydrew

Quote Originally Posted by Marcondo
    There are 2 different neck profiles on the JV's. The earliest ones had a big neck with a sorta hard v. After those they were a little smaller with a softer v and feel so perfect its like it was made for your hands.

The Cray Strat has a real thick neck a fat C shape its real thick as you go up the neck be sure to play one first incase its too big.
    Thank you

Hi everybody. I`m new her, coming from Germany.
    I just bought a new Mex-Strat a couple of days ago.
    Give the 60s Vintage Player a chance: Alder Body, Texas Special Vintage-type reversed-wound PU´S, bone nut, 60s C-shaped neck,
    Kluson Vintage-tuners, Vintage Steel-Tremelo.
    At first I was looking for an American Standard, but the Vintagesound of this baby sounded so sweet, I could´nt say no to her! :)

here´s a small soundfile (over a Fender-Concert-Amp):
    Fender 60s Vintage Player Stratocaster

Duluth, MN. Birthplace of Bobby Zimmerman

Welcome, Shamrock!!!
    I second the 60's Vintage Player!! Much like the new Eric Johnson sig., this MIM model offers much of the best of the vintage and modern worlds.
    "If you're cool, you don't know nothin' about it. It just is...or you ain't." - Keith Richards

Fender should reissue those VP's they are some of the best ones they have ever made.

Don´t they produce them anymore? Like I sayed, I bought mine a couple of days ago, but it was built in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock
    Hi everybody. I`m new her, coming from Germany.
    I just bought a new Mex-Strat a couple of days ago.
    Give the 60s Vintage Player a chance: Alder Body, Texas Special Vintage-type reversed-wound PU´S, bone nut, 60s C-shaped neck,
    Kluson Vintage-tuners, Vintage Steel-Tremelo.
    At first I was looking for an American Standard, but the Vintagesound of this baby sounded so sweet, I could´nt say no to her! :)

here´s a small soundfile (over a Fender-Concert-Amp):
    Fender 60s Vintage Player Stratocaster
    Your soundclip was excellent!!

Duluth, MN. Birthplace of Bobby Zimmerman

I believe that they had a limited production run and are no longer being made.
    One of my local music shops has one of each (50's and 60's) for sale as 'new' ($599), however.
    "If you're cool, you don't know nothin' about it. It just is...or you ain't." - Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by cooltone
    I believe that they had a limited production run and are no longer being made.
    One of my local music shops has one of each (50's and 60's) for sale as 'new' ($599), however.
    You guys in the States are very lucky with the prices you have. Over here in Europe everything is much more expensive. The Listprice for the VP was Euro 1150 and I still had to pay Euro 850, that´s about a thousand bucks :toobad