Thread: Xmas benefit show last night

Xmas benefit show last night

I'm involved in this "Writers Circle". On Wednesday nights we get together at a local coffee house and exchange tunes. Last night we put on an Xmas show of sorts for the coffee house to raise some money to reimburse them for their kindness in allowing us to use their space. We raised nearly $300.

I had a gas and a half. This experience with this circle has always been a bit strained for me as I'm the only blues player/over-aged rocker that attends and generally, on our Wednesday get-togethers my electrics aren't welcome. But last night, Strat in hand, pedals on the floor and plugged in (to my modified Frontman 25R) I was quite welcomed.
    My solo set was the only one that was danced to by audience members and my "sing-a-long" of Blue Christmas went over well.

I was most delighted when one of the other players, a completely acoustic guy, complimentd me on my lead contribution to our finale, Felice Navidad.
    "I didn't know you could play like that", he said.

It's nice to have finally been recognized as an electric player capable of more than 1-4-5, which is all these folks seemed to believe I could do. That's kinda strange actually because several of them had heard me and The CT Recruits last August. (T-B is the lead player in that quartet)

Frankly, it was exactly what I needed after a totally miserable past 10 days.

Saved by the music AGAIN!

Re: Xmas benefit show last night

Sounds like a great time. Hang in there, music is not a jealous lover.
    If, at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.
    Two leaps per chasm is fatal!

Told ya you should've came to the jam....but noooo....

:smilie2

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBoy
    I'm involved in this "Writers Circle". On Wednesday nights we get together at a local coffee house and exchange tunes. Last night we put on an Xmas show of sorts for the coffee house to raise some money to reimburse them for their kindness in allowing us to use their space. We raised nearly $300.

I had a gas and a half. This experience with this circle has always been a bit strained for me as I'm the only blues player/over-aged rocker that attends and generally, on our Wednesday get-togethers my electrics aren't welcome. But last night, Strat in hand, pedals on the floor and plugged in (to my modified Frontman 25R) I was quite welcomed.
    My solo set was the only one that was danced to by audience members and my "sing-a-long" of Blue Christmas went over well.

I was most delighted when one of the other players, a completely acoustic guy, complimentd me on my lead contribution to our finale, Felice Navidad.
    "I didn't know you could play like that", he said.

It's nice to have finally been recognized as an electric player capable of more than 1-4-5, which is all these folks seemed to believe I could do. That's kinda strange actually because several of them had heard me and The CT Recruits last August. (T-B is the lead player in that quartet)

Frankly, it was exactly what I needed after a totally miserable past 10 days.

Saved by the music AGAIN!
    Hey FenderBoy - what do they know? I'm a big fan!!!!:santa
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I think Fenderboy is a great player. He should start a band and record a CD.
    He and Tele-Bob both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chet
    I think Fenderboy is a great player. He should start a band and record a CD.
    He and Tele-Bob both.

It's OK Chet...I ALREADY told Santa about the amp you want for Xmas.

Rock on

Music is My religion

What I really meant to get across is that the folks I played with...all of 'em...are die-hard acoustic players who think electric is for slammers and most of 'em are reluctant to use anything but a mike for amplification. They HATE electric guitars.

Making the grade, as it were, was a great boost that really helped me out just when I needed it most after a couple horrible "day job" experiences.
    Not bragging...just am sort of amazed once again where one can find the right "doctor" to fix what ailes ya.

It's about the opposite of how I feel at the TFF Jams. I play 99% acoustic and can't play electric very well. When I hear you guys play...

...well, you notice my Tele never came out of the case in Rochester...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain