Thread: advice on fulldrive II???

Forum Member

advice on fulldrive II???

i have a newer fulltone fulldrive II and i play though a bfsr pushed pretty hard,using only strats, how are you guy's using them for boost and mild over drive?? here's how i've been using it. the level about on 12 o clock,the tone on 10 o clock, and the gain about 8 or 9 o clock, and the comp cut is up and some times down???

chris

Mine is down (up is for an ultra clean channel on mine), with settings of volume: 12 o'clock, Tone: 3 o'clock (almost all the way up...to keep it from sounding to dark..depends on the guitar though and the treble level Im using on the amp..usually at "4".) Overdrive is at 12 o'clock or slightly under.
    "Blue horse-shoe loves Andicott Steel"

TFF Stage Crew
    Level 12 o'clock
    Overdrive 3 o'clock
    Tone 3 o'clock
    boost 3 o'clock

comp cut down

AmSe Tele w/Kinmans
    AmSe Fat Texas Special Strat
    Stereo into HRDx and Blues Dx

Works for me.

Forum Member
    Formerly Stroker Ace
    Level at 12 to 1 oclock
    Tone 12 to 1
    Overdrive 2 to 3 oclock
    Boost Full to the right

These are what works for me with my 92 AMS Tele into my Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 or a Fender Twin when I'm using backline gear.

Forum Member

Settings

Level 11 o'clock
    Overdrive 10 o'clock
    Tone noon
    boost 9 o'clock

comp cut down

Custom Shop Strat w/Kinmans
    Dr. Z Maz 18.

Off: Dirty clean tone (I never go totally clean)
    Drive: Rhythm OD and blusey lead
    Boost: Solo tones with mucho sustain

BFSR with Strats...

Comp cut down
    Volume 11:00
    OD 1:00
    Tone 4:00
    Boost - Max

I have a switchable FM and Mid switch. This is my favorite OD ever!

Forum Member

difference in old and new full drives

This is a little off the subject, but I have been looking into getting a full drive 2 and have heard several people discuss the difference between the black knob version and the white knob version. if there any difference and if so, what is it?

Re: difference in old and new full drives

Originally posted by badcat
    This is a little off the subject, but I have been looking into getting a full drive 2 and have heard several people discuss the difference between the black knob version and the white knob version. if there any difference and if so, what is it?
    Nope, no difference at all, that is just a myth.

There are two versions...

Pre Flat Mids (early)
    Flat Mids (current)
    TR-100 Tommy Roberts models...100 made a while back and that was with the pre flat mids. I much prefer the pre flat mids tone because it adds a bit of grit and mids, which I like!

"TR-100 Tommy Roberts models...100 made a while back and that was with the pre flat mids."

Hey Troy where did you here of these being called the Tommy Roberts Models?

tim

Forum Member
    I have the everything maxed out except for the volume and tone. Volume is about 1:00 and tone about 11:00. Comp cut down.

I'm hot and cold on this pedal. It only seems to sound really good during rehersals thru my Deluxe Reverb.

I used it last night instead of my Jeckle and Hyde through both the Deluxe and my Bassbreaker.

It's nice, just never goes slightly over the top like I like it. I missed the Jeckle & Hyde. I had to use the Fulltone in conjuction with an old Boss Super Overdrive to get some balls.

I had one of these, just sold it. I liked it, but I had no use for it.

I think it only sounds good loud. I didn't like the way it interacted with my amp at bedroom volumes. Sounded great with the band though.

Originally posted by howardslespaul
    "TR-100 Tommy Roberts models...100 made a while back and that was with the pre flat mids."

Hey Troy where did you here of these being called the Tommy Roberts Models?

tim
    From Thomas Roberts:

"hello
    i am thomas roberts and i am from dallas texas. the tr-100 were based on my orange fulldrive i ordered direct from mike in 95. It was the second fulldrive i got from him and it sounds great. I ran speir music in dallas for awhile. i sold alot of blue fulldrives out of there and kept noticing how much i liked my fulldrive better. alot of my customers and friends in bands heard mine as well and agreed. after talking with mike at the dallas guitar show about it, he agreed to build me 100 units to the exact guts he was using on my pedal at the time. I send him my old fulldrive and he used the same guts. we only did 100 and they are in a red/orange color. they have the same layout as the blue ones. the first 25 sold to my friends and bands i know from touring. this was my idea to do the pedal not mike's. He knew he would take crap for it but did it anyway. He charged me more for the custom paint and limited stickers. Plus i put them on my credit card which even cost me more. I did not make money on them once it was said and done. I made them so people could get out of the pedal what i have gotten out of mine. They all sold via word of mouth on the net and only one guy sent one back. I am sold out and hope the people that bought them dig them half as much i dig my original one. I kept number one and number 100 from the series for myself. I just wanted to let you guys know what was up on those pedals. The blue fulldrive is still a great overdrive. I just like mine on my jtm-45 and voxes better.
    take care"
    thomas roberts

Living in the body that is now called "grito"
    I have to agree, the early orange FD2 had a nice grit and balls to them. I hgave one, but I think the newer FD2 (with toggle switch) nails the orange FD2 tones, but with a little more transperancy.:nelson
    Look to that grito character, he rocks!

I have an original Full-Drive 2 - the 116th one ever made, to be exact - in an unpainted, machined steel box with stick-on labels... I don't know from pre-comp and post-comp, 'cause I've never had another FD-2, but I do think mine sounds awesome - discernably better than my original Ibanez TS-808 (which is supposed to be the "Holy Grail" ):rolleyes:

pics of both and a brief comparison here
    He's hot! He's hip! and he's hairy!