Thread: A little help please

A little help please

I'm looking for an OD pedal or Boost to put some zing in my Strat leads. Currently I'm playing an SRV with CS-69s through a Marshall DSL 401.

While I get really singing leads with a humbucker equipped guitar, it just seems like something is missing with the Strat. I have considered the TS-9, the RI TS 808, Fulltone Fulldrive II, and the SD PUP Booster.

Based on the large experience base here, any thoughts or recommendations.

I know that this is very close to TB's thread, but since I have the added question n the OD pedal as opposed to just boost I thought I'd start this thread instead of piling on to TB's.

TFF Stage Crew

Re: A little help please

Well Ray, you know how much I love the Fulldrive 2, and for cleaner boost (and thickening) I love my Fat-Boost too. Personally I'd love to hear what that DSL 401 sounds like on the crunch channel with a Strat and a Fat-Boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack w/his radar
    Well Ray, you know how much I love the Fulldrive 2, and for cleaner boost (and thickening) I love my Fat-Boost too. Personally I'd love to hear what that DSL 401 sounds like on the crunch channel with a Strat and a Fat-Boost.
    Well Jack, you could always bring your Fat-Boost to the NYS Jam in a couple of weeks and see for yourself.

Actually I have a friend who has the Fulldrive 2. I just need to find the time to borrow it from him and test it out.

I am currently test driving a SD P'up Booster. It's too early to give a report on it because there's actually more to it than there appears to be at the outset. I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. I'm not sure I'm using it correctly yet either. I'm jamming tonight for a few hours and will give a further thrashing. We'll see.

As for OD pedals, I really like the Analogman modded TS9. It sounds terrific! The only reason I'm looking at other pedals is that the TS9 sounds so decidedly bluesy that I need something different for the rock stuff I play.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob
    As for OD pedals, I really like the Analogman modded TS9. It sounds terrific! The only reason I'm looking at other pedals is that the TS9 sounds so decidedly bluesy that I need something different for the rock stuff I play.
    I should get my TS9 modded! As for "rockier" stuff, I really like my Boss Super Overdrive. It gives me a tighter, more distortion-like tone but still with a fair amount of warmth.

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

I've used my FDII for years as my favored dirtbox for years.

Recently I picked up the Direct Drive, and it knocked my FDII off my board.

However, just prior to that happening, I switched my main amp from a Fender BF style circuit to a 4-input Marshall style circut.

The other day, I did the FDII through the Fender again, and it blew me away.

Moral of the story: Try the DD with your Marshall.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n
    I've used my FDII for years as my favored dirtbox for years.

Recently I picked up the Direct Drive, and it knocked my FDII off my board.

However, just prior to that happening, I switched my main amp from a Fender BF style circuit to a 4-input Marshall style circut.

The other day, I did the FDII through the Fender again, and it blew me away.

Moral of the story: Try the DD with your Marshall.
    Barber?? Direct Drive