Thread: Chris, Just Got your AVN Blues!!!

Chris, Just Got your AVN Blues!!!

i'm really excited to give these guys a go in my sherwood green strat.

one question tho, i'm thinking about using my own mint green pickup covers, but in the instructions, you make light of being extra careful in removing the pickup covers. should i be concerned or is this something i should just keep in mind with strat pickups of all sorts? is there something very different and special about the Blues that i should be cautious of?

thx.

Forum Member
    From experience - Be extra careful when removing/replacing covers from Kinman pickups.

At least on my Kinmans, the thin wire from the coils to the bottom plate is not supported against anything - just kind of sitting out by itself. It is very easy to break (yes, I did break one of mine).

Chris was very accomadating when this happened. He shipped out replacement while the damaged pup was in transit back to him.

hth

D

Forum Member
    jokerjkny, I recommend strongly that you use Kinman mint covers as these offer better protection since the skirt of the cover is deeper. A regular Strat cover does not have the same depth and leaves the bottom coil exposed and vulnerable.

Shoot me an email and I'll return complete instructions for replacing covers. If the cover is skewed during removal the skirt of the cover can impinge on a wire, crushing and often severing it, as dhodgeh has explained above. You also need to know some other things.