Thread: Anyone have Tone Bender clips?

Forum Member

Anyone have Tone Bender clips?

Hey,

I'm thinking of doing a beginner DIY pedal kit I found online, but would like to get a rough idea of what it would sound like. The two pedals I'm interested in are; Three knob Tone Bender or the Tweak-O from Small Bear Electronics. If anyone has, or knows where I could find, audio clips of what these sound like, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for any help.

Re: Anyone have Tone Bender clips?

I built a Tonebender kit I got from Big Tone Music Brewery. I love the thing. It sounds awesome. No means of making a clip for you though. Sorry.

The kit was fun to build, instructions are excellent. And the end result is a very useful pedal. All around great experience.
    s'all goof.

Forum Member

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just not sure what a tonebender is, Treble boost, Overdrive of fuzz. What would you classifiy it as and how do you use it?

I've got a nice little Vintage 16 that I'm learning the ins and outs of. Keep in mind I have no effects send/return, so just wondering...

Thanks for the help.

All of the tonebenders are fuzzes. The two knob Vox Tonebender is supposed to be like a fuzz face. I found it pretty unusable. The Buffalo Springfield/early Yardbirds pedal.

The Three knob Colorsound Tonebender, supposedly is the one most of the clones are designed around, like the Soul Bender. It's supposed to be the late Yardbirds, early Beck and Zep pedal. Some people like 'em, I didn't like it too much.

There's also a two knob Colorsound which I've never heard.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

The kit I got was 2 knobs. I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to tone. To each his own. I really like the thing. It's very fuzzy, tons of drive.
    s'all goof.

The Vox two-knob circuit is very sensitive to the volume control. Back it off even a hair, and the fuzz goes away, mostly.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks