Thread: 68 Vibrolux weight

Forum Member

68 Vibrolux weight

Fender's website says the 68 Vibrolux is only 41.8 lbs. I find this hard to believe, since it has 2 speakers. Does anyone know the real weight? I ask because my back can't handle 50 + lbs anymore. If it's really only 42 lbs, I'd like to order it.

Greg
    Last edited by greg54; 07-15-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Re: 68 Vibrolux weight

My original '66 VR weighs about that. I'm not sure about the new '68.

Forum Member

Thanks, Don!

Are you referring to an original 1968 Vibrolux Reverb or the Reissue 68 Custom Vibrolux amp? I'm assuming you mean the 68 Custom reissue.

I hear you on having an amp's weight as a factor! I, too, have drawn 50 pounds as my limit now that I have just turned 68. I'd love an AC30 or a Bluesbreaker reissue, but they weigh in over 70 pounds! Heck, my pedal board is quite heavy and I took a wah wah out of it just to save some weight! Every pounds helps.

I always utilize the Ampwares amp reference site for specs on these Fender amps. Check it out. Although this is not the '68 Custom Vibrolux (silverface reissue) this reference is for Custom Vibrolux (blackface reissue):

http://ampwares.com/amplifiers/fende...brolux-reverb/

A very close friend of mine just recently had one of the Custom Vibrolux reissues and said it was very portable and relatively light.

An original 1968 Vibrolux Reverb is shown as being at 50 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by greg54 View Post
    Fender's website says the 68 Vibrolux is only 41.8 lbs. I find this hard to believe, since it has 2 speakers. Does anyone know the real weight? I ask because my back can't handle 50 + lbs anymore. If it's really only 42 lbs, I'd like to order it.
    Additionally, I have heard these reissue Vibrolux amps are fantastic and are great platforms for pedals. I, too, am researching used 35w to 50w amps under $1,000 and have been viewing, and listening to on YouTube, many demos of the Blues Deluxe, Vibrolux, and 59 Bassman. I currently have a nice Marshall DSL 40, but I'm looking for something a little warmer. To my tinnitus-affected ears the Vibrolux really nails the tone I am looking for, so it looks like a trip to L.A. will be in order to actually try some out.

aren't the two speakers 10" instead of 12" like a Pro or Twin?

Quote Originally Posted by BReed2 View Post
    I, too, have drawn 50 pounds as my limit now that I have just turned 68. I'd love an AC30 or a Bluesbreaker reissue, but they weigh in over 70 pounds!
    Off topic, but I found the solution to this- a separate head and cab. I have an Avatar 45 and 2x12" cab. The 2x12 cab was still a little too large, so I bought a Nerby 1x12" cab and put a Scumback alnico speaker in it. It's not as awesome as the 2x12 would be with a pair of alnicos, but each piece only weighs about 30 pounds!