Thread: 1994 Washburn Silverado LS-93

Forum Member

1994 Washburn Silverado LS-93

I remember a few years ago playing a Washburn copy of Tele that was a really good guitar. Made in the USA, Swamp ash body, quality hardware, distinctive "sock"-style Washburn headstock, yadda yadda. New and not cheap at a Washburn dealer. Fast forward to last week, same dealer....

I found very nice Washburn Strat, used but virtually unplayed, at a very attractive price. I bought it after doing as much research as I could, and discovering that Washburn's Chicago-based custom shop, run by Grover Jackson, did make a bunch of traditional-styled Strats and Teles for a short period around 1994.

Swamp ash body (black finish), Duncan vintage-style staggered pups (white covers in a perloid 'guard), Wilkinson bridge, locking Gotoh tuners, one-piece matte-finish maple neck - a very nicely put together, high quality machine. Apparently, these listed for @$1,000 in '94. I can't imagine that many were sold.

I got my (very little) info from the Washburn archives and ng, and was just wondering if any of you had any experience with these guitars? My original intent was to put my Mechanicland Ballpark neck onto this thing, but I may just keep it together - it's a really nice guitar. Anyone owned/played seen these things? They seem like great under-the-radar, high bang/buck items in the clone marketplace.
    Last edited by Ballparkfrank; 09-11-2004 at 02:15 AM. Reason: fix typos