Thread: "New" Prosonic

Forum Member

"New" Prosonic

Hi,

i'm looking for a new amp that's similar to the prosonic. What amp should i get?

Old Tele man

Re: "New" Prosonic

a "used" Prosonic maybe?

I'm voting for that very amp myself...nothing replicates like the real thing, huh?

Rivera Chubster 40. Costs about the same. More versatile.

www.rivera.com
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Forum Member

Thanks for your input.

Since I'm from europe it's quite difficult for me to find used amps.
    I'm currently playing a SS amp, so this would be my first tube amp.
    I heard some guitarists with prosonics and I liked their tone very much. I think it's a great amp, although I haven't played through one yet. What amp do you recommend? I was also thinking about getting a DRRI, but i think it's a little expensive for 22 watts. Is there any page that has some sound clips of fender amps?
    Sorry for my poor english! :rolleyes:

Isn't the Prosonic a hybred amp. Part tube and part not?
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Forum Member

No, but the rectifier is switchable to SS mode, AFAIK.

Forum Member

My personal choice to replace Prosonic performance would be to scour ebay and used markets for a used but clean Tone Master. Its a custom. It doesn't have a reverb (you won't miss it). The outboard '63 reverb unit can be added if you find it necessary. Single input, one button footswitch for clean/vintage(overdrive) channels, two independent effect loops for each channel, low/med/hi setting for 30/60/100 watt. 30w will melt the nails thats keeping your house together. Undescribable jaw dropping tone that will blow away a hot-rodded Marshall Plexi. Unlike any other Fender amp, kinda like a Fender/Marshall/Mesa hybrid that retains only the best characteristics of each. Best through V30s. A used one will set you back at least 8 Franklins (worth twice as much). Good Luck!

Forum Member

I have a friend that has a used prosonic if you are interested..... They are not cheap though. I think he was asking $850

Forum Member

Actually screw that....... One on ebay right now with a buy it now price of $650

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Fender-Pros...QQcmdZViewItem