Thread: Vintage Jaguar lies...I sorta got hosed

Banned

Vintage Jaguar lies...I sorta got hosed

Hey all, I bought a refretted 65 Jag a month or so ago and heres the deal. I slapped down 1500 plus shipping and when I got it it it had different tuner holes and the neck date of 1966?

One of the assemblies was changed and one of the volume knobs was brand new looking (next to the old crusty one.) Also two of the flip switches (like an amp switch) were brand new chrome with messy new solder.

How is that an "all original" 1965??

SO I politely asked for first...some partial refund. or a return. The guy blew a gasket and starting yelling at me for not knowing anything about guitars and get this he said "everybody wants their D%^&* sucked" when it comes to old guitars and the dealers get screwed ...blag.. blah ...blah.

It was an outragous tantrum and I told him of the issues and he became even more irrate and hung up. I called back and someone else answered and put me on long distance hold FOUR TIMES. I hung up after 11 minutes the forth time.

So I waited a week and got my girlfriend to pose as someone selling a guitar. They said "send it here with this data number on it". So I quietly boxed up the mutant and sent it back along with a copy of my CREDITCARD payment which I got reimbursed/ declined for. They must have been shocked to see the guitar they just sold as they same one they thought they were buying.

HERE is the kicker, Now I see it again back on on Gbase with still NO MENTION of these flaws.

slimeballs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the description...

1965 Fender Jaguar, sunburst, good, OHSC, $1,595.00
    This might be your last chance to find one under $1600.00,so hurry now!This is an all original '65 Jaguar except the tremelo arm and the nice bigger frets.

Anyone ever deal with these Neals folks>?

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Vintage Jaguar lies...I sorta got hosed

So... wouldn't that be funny if the guy was flooded w/emails requesting info on this guitar, particularly about it's originality? I'm not suggesting the membership should do that, or anything

why not tell the administration of gbase about this guy?
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chuckocaster
    why not tell the administration of gbase about this guy?
    I dont know anything about that but the freaking bombarding him with emails about the tuners or switch would sure make me feel better about it.

Oh yea he called my girlfriend and cussed her out at around midnight th4 next day.

Why is is that I have come to have a complete and utter hatred of "Vintage Dealers." you know the ones that lie to the little old ladies by telling her that original flying V is worth only 850 dollars, When they turn and make one phone call and sell it for 80 grand.

Forum Member

brings to mind a rerun of antiques roadshow that i saw yesterday......guy had a dead mint 1964 sunburst strat......i mean dead mint, wasnt any fade or anything.original owner...said he paid 180 which was a lot back then........he told the appraisor that he had taken it to a music store and asked the value, and they told him 1000 to 1500..........the appraisor told him it would bring 5 to 7000 at auction.now i dont know if thats a high estimate, but it sure as shit is worth more than 1500 bucks................

Quote Originally Posted by Brassnut
    I dont know anything about that but the freaking bombarding him with emails about the tuners or switch would sure make me feel better about it.

Oh yea he called my girlfriend and cussed her out at around midnight th4 next day.

Why is is that I have come to have a complete and utter hatred of "Vintage Dealers." you know the ones that lie to the little old ladies by telling her that original flying V is worth only 850 dollars, When they turn and make one phone call and sell it for 80 grand.
    How's this email:

Hey, is this the "all original 1965 Jag" with the changed pots, switchs and tuner holes? I'm looking for an "all original 1965 Jag" with a clear neck stamp of 1966. Does this one ring a bell you lying bastards? Yeah, ship it on over COD...
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City