Thread: Just got back from the Fender museum

Just got back from the Fender museum

It's actually just a couple miles from where I live (as is the Fender factory). It's kinda small, only $3 to get in. The got some pretty cool stuff though. Lots of old guitars and prototypes just sitting there. No glass or anything (except the 56 strat and 51 Broadcaster were in glass cases), if you were retarded you could just snatch one up and start playing. They also had some celeb stuff, like a Jagstang and Venus prototypes designed and played by Kurt Cobain and his bitch wife. Some "Cars" (the band) stuff and others. Oh, there was also a couple custom shop guitars from the custom shop book there too, they were also in glass. A few 50's blonde tweed (now looking dirty gold) amps and just a bunch of cool stuff. I'd like to see it grow, they sure have a lot of unused space so that would be cool. They got a gift center too with all kinds of swag.

Forum Member

Near Your House

The Fender museum is just a couple of miles from Your Sister's Garden? Sounds like they have a ways to go, but that could be a mecca someday. It would be great if someone could post pics of the place. I guess I'll go to the web site. Does it draw sizeable crowds? Do they provide a lot of info on Leo and the history of Fender? I'd like to find myself in that gift shop. :nelson

Hey TC,
    That sounds like a pretty fun afternoon. Did they let you tour the factory while you were there? Was any of the stuff in the gift shop unque to the museum or was it the same tshirt/ key chain selection you can get from MF type places?

Yes, lots of pictures and background given along with some of Leo's other inventions on display. They also have a small area dedicated to production with old milling tools, incomplete necks, master necks and bodies that they used as templates back in the day.

If I get back there soon I'll see if they will let me take some pictures and post them.

The factory is actually on the other side of town. The swag is both Fender stuff and Fender museum stuff. Most the shirts and hats were uniquely "Fender Museum".