Thread: Sending out fliers.

Forum Member

Sending out fliers.

Every few months - as time and energy level allow - I put together a flier showing upcoming gigs. The other band members get a few to pass out at work and to friends. I mail some to current and prospective "employers" reasoning that the former will realize that we do work other clubs, and the latter will have seen our name a few times before I ever call on them to attempt a booking.
    I sometimes also send them to clubs at which we have worked in the past but do not work any longer. My intent here is to keep our name in their brains in the event that their budget, entertainment policy etc. changes to the extent that they might be interested in booking us again. What concerns me is that they might take this in the wrong way. Sort of a "Nyah ,nyah nyah, nyah, nyah.
    Thoughts on this?

Re: Sending out fliers.

Advertising is advertising, shunka. Most anybody in business knows that in order to succeed you need to advertise....keep your name out there..."talking to" old and new and perspective customers

The Nyah-nyah factor shouldn't be applied here unless you're dealing with high school kids.
    It's BUSINESS, man! You're doing the right thing in my book.

Re: Sending out fliers.

No, you have it right. Keep doing it.
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama