Thread: Volume control treble loss

Forum Member

Volume control treble loss

I have 3 Strats that have the old "loss of treble" problem when you roll down the volume control. What is an effective way to remedy this? They all have "standard" Strat wiring. 2 of them have 2 Texas Specials and a Dimarzio PAF at the bridge and the other has 2 American Standard singles and a Dimarzio PAF at the bridge, they all have 250k pots also.

Re: Volume control treble loss

It's a simple fix of adding a capacitor and a resistor to the volume pot. I have it on almost all of my guitars and can't live without it. I believe there is a diagram on Kinman's website which gives component values and shows how to install it. If not, someone else here who is more knowlegable than I will certainly point you in the right direction.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

this is what bob is talking about. i use it on most of my guitars, only the ones that need it. and mr. kinman is right on with this diagram. be sure to insulate where the cap and resisitor connect so you don't don't ground out your signal (stranger things have been known to happen). electrical tape is the cheap and easy fix on that portion, but i use heat shrink wrap to be double sure. hope that helps.

http://www.kinman.com/html/toneWorks...htm#volumePots
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Quote Originally Posted by 19mikey67 View Post
    I have 3 Strats that have the old "loss of treble" problem when you roll down the volume control. What is an effective way to remedy this? They all have "standard" Strat wiring. 2 of them have 2 Texas Specials and a Dimarzio PAF at the bridge and the other has 2 American Standard singles and a Dimarzio PAF at the bridge, they all have 250k pots also.
    i realize this is an old thread but there is a mod offered and shown by stewart mcdonald (stew mac) for a treble boost when turning down the guitar..search their trade secrets section...#182 called "good tone from 0-10; easy clip on mod...http://www.stewmac.com/How-To/Online...ip-on_mod.html i soldered the mod and it works awesome and cheap