Thread: How do I set this up... P.A. content

How do I set this up... P.A. content

I have enough stuff to run the most basic P.A. I have two 2-15+ horn cabs that I want to use for mains. I have the two power amps, processor, mixer, and crossover. My question is.... how do I initially set the crossover and where in the chain will it go? We always ran full range and only miked our vocals. The band is a 3 piece playing classic rock and blues in small clubs. I don't have subs so I know the real deep low end won't be there. The crossover is a 2/3 way Audio Centron ac-x32. Obviously, the highs and mids will go to the horn and top 15" speaker, and the lows will go to the bottom 15 in each main cab.
    I am a real beginner at sound so the most basic advice is appreciated. Until now, I have used a smaller P.A. and only miked vocals. The drummer has an EXTREMELY loud, custom, oversized prototype Ludwig kit from the early 70's. He is the reason we always just went ahead and cranked the amps. Bass will go direct and basically use his amp as a monitor, and the same with my guitar.
    I know this is the most basic setup. I will buy a new EQ and compressor in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, I can get through this weekend with what I have.
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Re: How do I set this up... P.A. content

So the best thing to do is use the cabs range...... (There are seperate inputs for lows, highs, and full range.) That's that way I've tried it in the past and it was okay. I wasn't sure if I was using the most efficiency by running full range.
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Re: How do I set this up... P.A. content

Thanks for your help. I'll be messing with this tonight and tomorrow for sure. Saturday, we have an afternoon outdoor gig.