Thread: Allparts quality compared to Warmoth, USA etc..?

Formerly joe mama

Allparts quality compared to Warmoth, USA etc..?

How are they compared to Warmoth and USA?

I am looking for a neck and wanted to try these. I can get one at a good price through a dealer/friend. I had lots of Warmoth in the last 15 years, mostly good but one bad experience.

I've had three USA necks and all were nice. I'm wondering if the Allparts necks would need a leveling (The USA's didn't), if the wood and quality is there.

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Allparts quality compared to Warmoth, USA etc..?

The Allparts necks I've used were all pretty good, but just kind of generic feeling. The wood was plain & the profiles were middling so as to appeal to the greatest number of buyers. They needed way more detail work on the frets than either USACG or Warmoth. If you go with the NW makers you're going to be able to get a distinctive neck profile, nice grain (or figure), & the fretwork will be a LOT better.

Formerly joe mama

Thanks, I did some research and you do nice work, bro'.

My USA experience was also that they do good work, but they mix a lot of stuff up and it takes a while to get. I had three necks from them, one came with the wrong headstock, two of the others came with wider nut widths than ordered. But Tommy is a stand up guy and did me right and fixed it. I just don't want to wait six weeks and hope it's right.

My Warmoth birdseye neck warped on me. So I actually want as plain of maple as I can get. And the neck profile is what I like doing. I get a big neck and use some sand paper in my hand conformed to the way I want it to feel. It comes out in a bit asymetrical, but barely. I did that to my Nocaster believe it or not! The only bad thing now is the fret level thing. Do you know if Allparts uses good quality, nickel frets?

Also, are those necks made in U.S.?

TFF Stage Crew

Thanks for the compliment!
    As far as Allparts frets, I don't know. I ripped them out & put in 6105s! All I remember about them was the ends were pretty rough.

Formerly joe mama

Allparts emailed me back and said the necks come from Japan and frets are 18% nickel silver. Any idea how that compares to Dunlop?

TFF Stage Crew

Nope.