Thread: So, if'n you was a goin' to install a switch in yer....

So, if'n you was a goin' to install a switch in yer....

pedal....

I'm getting a Little Alligator volume. I've been using a Morley volume for years, but it's been a dist/wah/vol. I never use either the dist or wah, they both pretty much suck.

I like the idea of a minimum volume level setting for the LA, but there's no way to turn it all the way off if you set the min volume. I have need to completely kill the signal several times during the night.

So my plan is to get the pedal and install a mute switch. Should be simple enough, install a footswitch on the left side and break the circuit. The question is, should I break the negative or positive? I'm thinking the positive would be better, but then again, I'm thinking it probably doesn't matter.

Thoughts?

Interestingly, I emailed Morley and asked if they'd ever considered this as a feature. They said they have, and probably will include it in the future. I'm gonna' beat 'em!
    A friend in need is a good reason to screen your calls.

Re: So, if'n you was a goin' to install a switch in yer....

I cannot answer your question but I must wholeheartedly concur that the Morley distortion/wah/volume pedal doesn't do any one of the three well.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisstetka
    I cannot answer your question but I must wholeheartedly concur that the Morley distortion/wah/volume pedal doesn't do any one of the three well.
    I gotta disagree with the volume part, it does do that well. I've been using a Morley volume in one form or another for well over 20 years, and have never had a breakdown or failure. I've tried some of the others, Ernie Ball, Boss (the one with the string...as if) and some off brands. Morley does it better.

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Instead of breaking the audio, I'll just switch the power circuit. The pedal is 9Vdc, so it'd be easy enough to put in a switch. I can even wire the LED through it for a visual indicator.

Whatta