Thread: 50th Anniversary Neck Plate on regular American Series?

50th Anniversary Neck Plate on regular American Series?

I've read on some threads that some folks bought a regular American Series Strat NOT the anniversay model, yet it still has the 50th Anniversary neck plate. I called Fender and they said that those started shipping in mid April, May & June. Heard anything, anyone have one? Would that make it more valuable 10-20 years down the road?

Thanks

Forum Member

Re: 50th Anniversary Neck Plate on regular American Series?

I would guess no. Do the 1994 American Standards sell for more because of the 40Th Anniversary "thingy" on the headstock? Not really, but they do cause some confusion in the marketplace, and the 50th Anniversary plates will probably do the same...

They also re-introduced the roller nut (which I personally really like) on the American Deluxe HSS at that time. They were standard on the 2003 model, but were not included on the first batches of the 2004 model. I learned of it before hand when I was researching the purchase of one and noticed some online retailers pictured it with one, but the description made no mention of it. I had the retailer call their Fender rep and learned of the upcoming change. I then had them order one directly from Fender so I'd be sure to get one with the roller nut.

They still aren't offering an ash version of this model though.

I suppose Fender's under no obligation to give advance notice of changes, but I'm sure they alienate more than a few people who would otherwise wait before purchasing based on some of these changes.

Yes, they are. Got one right here.
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama