Thread: Anybody have any horror stories installing Klusson tuners?

Anybody have any horror stories installing Klusson tuners?

I almost did today. Installed my first set, and those suckers are fickle to get on, man!!!

-Chad
    Regards,
    Chad Dyer

Re: Anybody have any horror stories installing Klusson tuners?

Hmmmmm. I find Kluson's to be pretty easy to install. You just have to go slowly, mark and drill carefully, and it should be a rather uneventful process. Were you in a rush?
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob
    Hmmmmm. I find Kluson's to be pretty easy to install. You just have to go slowly, mark and drill carefully, and it should be a rather uneventful process. Were you in a rush?
    Naah, it went pretty smooth, but I can see how if your'e foolish about it you could screw it up. The screws just happened to be that one size that was nicely between every screwdriver I had, so it was a challenge not to strip 'em.

Thanks!

-Chad
    Regards,
    Chad Dyer

Almost got Kluson's but opted for Grover Deluxe instead...they just felt better and installation was the same...right size screwdriver is a must though;)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapstrat
    Almost got Kluson's but opted for Grover Deluxe instead...they just felt better and installation was the same...right size screwdriver is a must though;)
    LOL...tell me about it. And I'm one of those "every tool on earth" dudes, and it was just out of reach.

-Chad
    Regards,
    Chad Dyer

I actually prefer Klusons over "fine machine" tuners because they make the guitar sound better. I prefer a woodier tone and don't care for the added brightness sometimes associated with the installation of heavier tuners. Some swear there is no tonal difference. They probably use alot of gain in their sound. To me, the difference is immediately apparent.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob
    I actually prefer Klusons over "fine machine" tuners because they make the guitar sound better. I prefer a woodier tone and don't care for the added brightness sometimes associated with the installation of heavier tuners. Some swear there is no tonal difference. They probably use alot of gain in their sound. To me, the difference is immediately apparent.
    I would agree, because I replaced the Fender standard tuners with 'em, and I can feel the resonance of the neck is different as well. It was pretty much a cosmetic change for me personally, but I'm happy either way.

-Chad
    Regards,
    Chad Dyer