Thread: I been smoke free for 3 days now......

I been smoke free for 3 days now......

and it feels really good!:60burst
    I broke my liver

Forum Member

Congratulations!

You're just about through the worst part! I've been able to breath for two years come December. Went cold turkey, never looked back.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

I quit July 26, 1999 after smoking for 35 years.

Chet

TFF Stage Crew
    Jimi

Please hang in there. I've been smoke free for 25 years and it's great. Your lungs will thank you for it later.

When you think about lighting one up, think of the guys here supporting and cheering you on.

Tim C. :)

Congrats! The worst is over, now make it stick. I quit in '75.

Forum Member
    I don't remember when I quit but cigarettes were about 35 cents a pack at the time. Hang in there jimi1957.

Forum Member
    Congrats! When you feel the urge, logon, plug in to an amp and play a while, or just pop some gum in your mouth. I used sunflower seeds to help me stop. Of course I didnt start until I was 23 ( I know I know), but sunflower seeds saved me. Of course I developed a seriously raw mouth after a while but drinking cured that. JK. In all seriousness though, I had to quit drinking while I was quiting smoking because they went hand in hand. Now I can drink like a fish and not have the urge to light up. YOU CAN DO IT!! Good luck.

Forum Member
    I did sunflower seeds, too.

Wow! It took me three weeks to start feeling good, hehe. I've been quit now for about 6 weeks. I've "quit" before, here's hoping I can stick to it this time. ;)
    --Carson

http://www.riscchip.com

TFF Stage Crew
    Risschip,

It all depends on if you really want to quit on whether you stick with it or not. That is what I found.

I treid to quit about three times before I finally made it.

Hang in there! We're with ya.

Tim C.

Originally posted by Tim C.
    Risschip,

It all depends on if you really want to quit on whether you stick with it or not. That is what I found.

Tim C.
    That's good to hear, Tim. I've heard that before, and I'm pretty sure I really want to quit this time.

I've always been a bit funny with it. I've quit for years at a time in the past, but then caved in during times of stress. I get stressed out at work, at home, etc. and end up having a smoke. That's the whole routine I need to fight off this time around.

I have to admit, though, this time I really psyched myself up before quitting. I just keep reminding myself how cruddy I feel when I smoke.
    --Carson

http://www.riscchip.com

Thanks everyone for your support! I WILL be smoke-free for good this time. I have altered the things that triggered me wanting to light up, and for some reason, I have no desire to fail!
    Thanks again for the tips and your support, it is truly appreciated!
    Jim:60burst
    I broke my liver

Forum Member
    keep it up .... I am jealous and hope to join you one day soon!!!!!!!
    Leroy Lanes rocks my world

Forum Member

right!

Originally posted by Tim C.
    Risschip,

Tim C.
    tim... you're exactly right! you have to get it in your head or it just won't work. you have to really want it. you have to truely say "that's it... i will never smoke again because it's bad for me"... then just forget about the urges and things that go with it.... because IT's BAD FOR YOU! i quit several times in my life... and went back to it. why? because i truely - deep down - didn't want to quit... that's why. then, several years ago... i watched a friend of mine get diagnosed with cancer... and watched his progress through the phases of the disease until he died from it. it was gruesome... to say the least... and scared the shit out of me. at that point i said "i will NEVER to that to myself" and just quit... no problem. i never went back... and never will - and i know that now. just accept that it's bad for you and move on and forget about the urges and cravings because they will go away. at least you're alive to have urges... pretty tough to have them when you're dead.
    -jr-