Thread: How long should it take to get a 2004 Am. Deluxe V-Neck Strat from the factory?

How long should it take to get a 2004 Am. Deluxe V-Neck Strat from the factory?

See my avatar?
    Well. I don't have that axe yet but I ordered it in March.
    I was first told mid-April...well, that didn't happen. Now it's May 7th.

How the heck long DOES it take to get a production model from Fender anyway?

Could they be growing the friggin' tree to make it from or what?!

Re: How long should it take to get a 2004 Am. Deluxe V-Neck Strat from the factory?

I think like most factories they make a whole bunch of one model at a time.

So its probably a combo of what model thats due up next and how many others they make in 1 run. The more rare the model is could make it take longer cause they have to wait till they get enough orders for a run.

Re: How long should it take to get a 2004 Am. Deluxe V-Neck Strat from the factory?

So two months is not a long time to wait.

No not at all 6-12 weeks is the range. AT least thats what my Fender dealer friend tells me.

Thanks, man. That makes me feel a bit better.
    Frankly, I was begining to question the honesty of my supplier.
    But still, shouldn't the store be able to tell me when I'm gonna get this guitar?
    I mean, I guess, doesn't Fender have any idea when they'll make it?
    Cripe, if by some weird quirk of fate I'm the only person who oredered one...I could wait years, no?

But then...I guess I should consider how much that singular Strat would be worth down the road.

I just hate this waiting...and I've got a good gig coming up that I'd love to use this guitar for.

If its a brand new model they have never made before that sometimes takes a little while longer but if its a current model your dealer should be able to get one from another dealer who has one in stock. Have him check and see if another dealer can cross-ship one.