Thread: Bass G.A.S.

Bass G.A.S.

I stopped in at a local music store to get some acoustic strings and saw that they had Just received a couple Music Man "SUB" Stingray basses. I picked up the 5 strings and gave it a whirl... The whole time my mind was churning, trying to figure out how to drum up the $300 for it. I'd had an OLP in the past, which was another "cheapy" version, but this SUB was a lot better! The neck was solid, had a good feel to it, and sounded a lot better.

Yes, I'm building a Stingray. But I've been wanting a 5 string for church. Looks like I'll be doing the gear shuffle soon...

So let this be a lesson to ya'll! Don't play stuff you'd like if you won't be able to buy it.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: Bass G.A.S.

So let this be a lesson to ya'll! Don't play stuff you'd like if you won't be able to buy it.

Aint that the truth!!!

I played through a guys rig last night doing a sit in while doing sound - had a great rack setup and two Mesa Carbine 4-10s (i think thats what they were)

WOW!

I can't haul it though - those days are over for me before they even started!

A 5 string Sub though.......heh heh heh ....
    Yeah Chuck.......go try it again!
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Music Man basses are so tempting. They look very cool. I dream of a
    Stingray, white, maple fb, two of those big pickups.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I've always considered a Stingray to be a "gentleman's Fender". Sorta like a P, but a little more refined. The guys from Hillsong (a church with awesome bands and music) use them as do many other worship groups. I'm really happy with my tone at church, but I've had a hankering for a five string... A little different hammer to use on that nail.

I'm in the middle of some wheeling and dealing. $300 right now for me is quite a bit of cash. I'm hoping in the next week or two I'll be able to bring this baby home.

The SUB looks good. I wish you luck and hope to see the pics.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Still working on it, so stay posted.

Staying posted, Suh!