Thread: NGD yet again oops

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

NGD yet again oops

Well pulled the trigger on 1 yesterday. I played a PRS 513 years ago that I fell in lust with at the store. Didn't have the bank to get it then.
    Saw something on Saturday that sparked the 513 desire again (plus an upcoming gig where I need HB and convincing SC sounds, but minimal stage room, so I'd have to take 2 and put one behind stage till time to change out).

Was researching 513s (which are discontinued) and came across a comparison to the current 509. Yes its less tones, but I wasn't a huge fan of the heavy HB sound anyways. The 509's tone was better in HB and much better in SC. Started looking at used 509s, and,,,,,well the weight and price were right. If we don't bond and it doesn't inspire me, I'll sell it and make back 95+% of what I spent. None locally to even consider.

I've had 2 other PRS's (SE variants) that never made it through the honeymoon. Maybe this Core model will?

Mark

Re: NGD yet again oops

Hey, congratulations there!

I did some reading on the 509, and I must say, that is one versatile, awesome guitar.

I think you are going to love it and gig with it for a long time!!

Am I alone in this?
    Am I alone?

Received it yesterday. Only had 5-10 minutes to play it as I had to prep for a Friday gig with a different guitar.

Plays great and sounds great. An initial impression was the humbucker mode was, I not say weak, but not as hot as expected. Then again I was playing it against my Oxblood LP. Maybe it was just my ears at that point in time.

Straplocks arrive Friday. Strap arrives Monday.

Should be able to offer it some decent play time Saturday as my taxes are 99.9% done.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
    Received it yesterday. Only had 5-10 minutes to play it as I had to prep for a Friday gig with a different guitar.

Plays great and sounds great. An initial impression was the humbucker mode was, I not say weak, but not as hot as expected. Then again I was playing it against my Oxblood LP. Maybe it was just my ears at that point in time.

Straplocks arrive Friday. Strap arrives Monday.

Should be able to offer it some decent play time Saturday as my taxes are 99.9% done.
    Beautiful guitar. Seems it will serve you well!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Changed out the strings (dropped a gauge), and did a setup. Neck relief didn’t change, but needed to loosen the springs on the vibrato.

It was a long work day. I’ll put it through the pace’s tomorrow. It’s an odd scale even for PRS (normally 25). The 509 is 25.25. Went from 10s to 9s.
    Mark