Thread: NGD '66 Fender Electric XII

NoNeck60

NGD '66 Fender Electric XII

Well, Ive been looking for a while. I bought one from GC a few weeks back. That turned out to be a dud...the condition was WAY overstated, shipped in a beat to heck, Tele bass case, missing some OEM parts.

So I waited patiently and found this one.
    It's a completely stock, 1966 Fender Electric XII. It's 100% original. The pot codes are 6545 (45th week of 1965), pickups are dated 4-17-66 and 5-4-66. The neck date is 12FEB66B. The frets look unused, the finish has a beautiful NOS look; just a slight amount of checking. The back of the neck shines like its new, with barely any wear.
    I cleaned, polished, sprayed every part on this guitar, put it back together, strung it up and gave it a quick work out. I have to say, I'm extremely pleased. In my haste, I forgot to put the plastic p'up covers back on, so at the next string change, I'll do that.

Re: NGD '66 Fender Electric XII

Nice!
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

That's badass!

Me likey!

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Cool, i think i´ve never seen one before, beautiful!

Oh WOW, very nice! A friend of mine has one in Candy Apple Red. I LOVE me some XII action!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Something about an offset guitar in sunburst with a tortoise pickguard really appeals to me!

As much as I love my Eastwood Classic XII...and would love a Ric 660/12 someday...I think that this is my holy grail electric 12...this is the axe that Jimmy used on Stairway (in the studio).

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

NoNeck60

I spent the WHOLE weekend with this guitar. I honestly would have preferred a 360-12 or 620-12 Rick, for both that true Rick sound and the Rick "vibe", but I could not get used to the close string spacing or the ultra thin (width) Rick neck.
    This neck is SO comfortable to play. I was switching back and forth between the XII and my Strat, Les Paul and ES-339. It was so easy.
    I actually love the sound as well. The 4-way selector gives a great array of tones.
    The weight is perfect (just under 8 lbs) and the balance is as good.
    I heard from a few guys that the XII's had tuning stability problems. As of yet, I have no clue what they're referring to. I put new strings on Friday night and other than the typical re-tuning of any guitar in the first 20 minutes of playtime, the guitar held it's tuning perfectly.

For a 46 year old axe, this thing is as tight as a new guitar.
    The only thing I didn't get with it, was the original case. But that's no problem. G & G Quality case (Fender's case supplier) still makes the case for these guitars ( or any Fender for that matter). I have on order, a brand new black tolex/orange lining, case. I could have had a tweed or brown tolex for the same price, but decided to stay with the color scheme that the guitar originally came in. FYI, the new case will be approx $250.00 less than a beat up original.
    As Hannibal Smith always said, " I love it when a plan comes together".