Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tubes - Do The Right Thing

Re: Tubes - Do The Right Thing

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    I do see that a lot with the vintage vehicles owned by members of our local car club. However my SS396 is still "inhaling" via a Holley Street Avenger and an Edelbrock Performer.
    You tell 'im Rog... I just built the best amp I've ever built... something I can put my hand on my heart and call 'all valve' or 'all tube'...

Thing is... you can emulate just about anything.... but a real tube rectified 5E3/5E5... that's a pure tone I've yet to hear out of any of these wonderful modelling machines... oh yeah - they do high gain dual rectifier alright but pure... clean... tube rectified 5E3?....

It's like that line in 'Trouble With The Curve'... " It's a sound; a pure sound... you'll know it when you hear it..."
    If I could find a road to get away it wouldn't be too soon....... Shipwreck Moon.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
    Tubes and Carburettors!

Webers!... ooh....I remember spending hours and $ fine tuning them! Even put them on Harleys and Hondas!

Old Rockers never die; we just fade away!
    会長

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by yankeerob View Post
    Thing is... you can emulate just about anything.... but a real tube rectified 5E3/5E5... that's a pure tone I've yet to hear out of any of these wonderful modelling machines... oh yeah - they do high gain dual rectifier alright but pure... clean... tube rectified 5E3?....
    +1000, Rob!

There's nothing wrong with the magic of an AA864 circuit pushing a pair of vintage Jensen C10NS's either.

I scored a '66 Vibrolux Reverb last night......for about a grand under market value.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."