Thread: When was the last time you polished it?

Forum Member

When was the last time you polished it?

The Guitar!@;

The Guitar!@;

spent about 15 minutes cleaning it with a very mild soap for the skin.then i put some Liquid Gold on the fretboard which it greedily drank up. Just called Gibson ( 24 hour Customer service rawks!) and they said it was the 63rd guitar stamped in Memphis on the 6th day of Jan. 2002. It has a 50's profile neck ( seems thin to me- cant imagine a 60's). I'd say its an inch thick all the way; the neck . Anyhoo for those of you wondering, they are Burstbucker V's( now burstbucker pro's) pickups with the Patent applied for sticker.
    I like the bridge, but the neck muds out, so Im going to throw probably an original Tim Shaw in the neck which i obtained from a Hamer Player from Germany.
    Then I've got to solder another chrome cover back onto the bridge burstbucker. The Shaw already has a chrome cover.

EDIT- 4;30 Am Friday the 17th Done. All shined up and sounding good.;

[IMG]

[/IMG]
    Last edited by jerryjg; 10-17-2008 at 02:44 AM.

Re: When was the last time you polished it?

Every time I change the strings. Also treat the rosewood fretboard with Lemon Oil. Mine is a Epiphone Sheraton modied with Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday Pickups.

Pete
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.

Henry Ford